TripAdvisor is recruiting a Senior Corporate Counsel for its growing legal team. This position will support & provide transactional & privacy related advice to the Companys advertising & analytics teams within TripAdvisors Core Experience business unit (CoreX), as well as to CoreX other teams in connection with their significant commercial transactions. This position will work closely with, & report directly to, the Vice President & Associate General Counsel responsible for all CoreX transactional matters. This position will be located in the Companys Needham, Massachusetts headquarters.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Provide legal support for the Companys Core Experience business unit, including its Advertising & Digital Media teams located in New York City, NY.
- Provide prompt legal advice on a wide variety of legal requests from business partners in a variety of CoreX teams, including: Product, Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Engineering, Membership & Loyalty, & Corporate Communications.
- Draft & negotiate commercial agreements, including media brokerage agreements, sales agreements & insertion orders; data processing agreements, technology & content licenses; services agreements; & business development agreements.
- Draft & advise with respect to contests, promotional materials, online/offline advertising & email marketing.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws & regulations.
- Provide strategic legal & business advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to legal issues/risks.
- Administration & resolution of legal issues & pre-litigation disputes.
- Work closely with other lawyers in the Legal Department (both in Needham, MA & Seattle, WA) in a collaborative manner.
- Engage & manage outside counsel.
- 6+ years of experience, preferably with experience in both a law firm setting & in an internet media and/or digital advertising company in an in-house counsel role, handling advertising, marketing, & analytics-related matters. Substantive knowledge & experience handling data privacy related matters is strongly preferred.
- Current state bar membership sufficient to enable you to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Strong work ethic & ability to multi-task, prioritize & follow-through on numerous projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Self-starter & able to work well independently & as part of a team, with strong organizational & interpersonal skills.
- Effective written & oral communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively frame issues to drive analysis & execution.
- Excellent business judgment & strategic thinking.
- Regular travel required (up to 25% of the time), primarily to New York City.