Oktas Legal Operations team is looking for a Sr. Legal Contracts Specialist to assist in supporting our Europe, the Middle East & Africa (EMEA) region. You will be responsible for managing Oktas agreements in a high volume, fast-paced environment. You will work closely with legal, sales & other key business units to shepherd agreements through the contracts lifecycle process from initiation to execution.
A successful candidate will have a proven track record using a Contract Management System (CMS) & collaborating with both internal & external stakeholders to appropriately generate & route agreements, support negotiations, support execution of agreements & store & track key terms of executed agreements.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the liaison between the Commercial Legal team & Sales team & other business units to intake agreements
- Manage the contract lifecycle through the negotiations process for Master Subscription Agreements, Partner Agreements, Statements of Work, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Amendments, & various other agreements
- Responsible for ensuring that agreements submitted to the CMS are assigned to the attorneys in their designated regional territories
- Provide leadership & work collaboratively with Sales Account Executives & other identified stakeholders in support of the worldwide Legal & Sales teams use of the CMS
- Review, analyze & draw appropriate conclusions from contractual terms & data regarding those terms
- Demonstrate the ability to work with minimal direction & supervision independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to evaluate non-standard requests & determine where they fit in an existing process & develop a vision to create a process for resolving such non-standard requests
- Contribute to legal processes regarding standard form agreements that scale globally
- Work with & train Sales team members on the use of the Contracts Management System
- Establish, maintain & support processes to ensure compliance with internal policies
- Manage & update the CMS & ensure all contracts are integrated into the CMS
Required Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years of contract management & administration experience using a CMS (Apttus preferred).
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Some knowledge of European law.
- Practical experience in-house in a legal department.
- Ability to manage a high volume of inbound & outbound sales & related agreements.
- Strong understanding of contracts & contractual terms
- Experience developing & implementing standard operating procedures for contracts administration.
- Strong analytical skills & attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, & work independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment & take ownership of the contracting process.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Entirely credible & trustworthy.
- Ability to establish & maintain effective & collaborative cross functional relationships with all key business units.
- Excellent time management & organizational skills.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal & written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle high stress situations in a professional, business-like manner.
- Experience with using Salesforce a plus.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.