About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Weve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 650 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members & employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Job:
We are looking for an experienced, commercially minded, strategic Director of Payments & Corporate Expenses to help transform & scale these functions during the period of rapid business growth.
What Youll Do:
- Oversee ongoing operations of the Accounts Payable team in a very fast paced, high volume, high growth, & high demand environment, which is in the process of transitioning from manual to automated processes
- Lead the team of 6 to 8, including an experienced AP Manager
- Review & approve large invoice & payment runs daily
- Act as a subject matter expert to strategically drive various transformation initiatives around system integrations, process automation, & scaling of AP processes
- Introduce & develop robust AP best practices to support the most efficient workflow while operating in a manual environment, & continue to scale the processes post automation
- Ensure that daily work is properly prioritized & addressed in a timely manner to avoid backlog & inefficiencies
- Lead & manage company-wide corporate T&E policies & practices
- Engage with external vendor(s) to implement more robust corporate expense management systems & tools
- Continuously develop & update internal compliance processes for corporate T&E expenses
- Lead the effort to transition & roll out new purchasing & corporate card programs across the company
- Act as a true business partner to various internal departments to ensure that our payment processes address their needs
- Manage the AP team to ensure that accounting closing deadlines are adhered to
- Provide input to the planning team around cash forecasts
- Provide support during annual & other audits, as required
- Mentor & develop the team, provide ongoing guidance & feedback
- You have a bachelors or higher degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 10-15+ years of solid AP & T&E experience in a fast paced high volume environment is required, of which at least 5 years must be in a supervisory capacity
- Proven experience of creating process enhancement & implementing automated solutions
- Must possess an ability & a desire to work effectively in high demand & constantly changing environment
- Experience in consumer and/or e-commerce industries is highly preferred
- Able to influence at various levels & manage change effectively & cross-functionally across the organization
- Must be able to multi-task & identify any critical needs to be prioritized
- Strong work ethic & a can-do positive attitude are a must
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter
- Able to effectively manage external parties during implementations
- Able to effectively manage & mentor the team
- Willing to help the broader accounting team with projects & requests as required
- Willing & able to work extra hours as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.