KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
As a Software Engineer (Full-Stack), you will be working be on a software platform that will provide advanced support for connected buildings. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work through all facets of software development: design, prototype, implementation, testing & documentation. The ideal candidate for this role is versatile, displays leadership qualities, & is enthusiastic to tackle new problems as we continue to push the building industry forward.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, prototype, implement, test & troubleshoot source code of product features, as part of a high-performing Software team.
- Create front-end & server-side implementations for the Katerra products, primarily in the Cloud
- Create high level software design (HLSD) documents & outline software solutions
- Prepare accurate implementation task lists / time estimates & deliver assignments as per functional specifications, quality standards & project schedules
- Work with Product Design team & deliver solutions that are innovative, functional & meet business requirements.
- Work closely with Quality Engineers in unit level testing & problem resolution
- Provide input to Technical Publications & review documentation of key features
Required Skills & Experience
- BE/BTech/BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent.
- 2+ Years of relevant experience in developing web products
- Strong experience in front-end frameworks (like Angular) with focus on high quality web products that work seamlessly on web & mobile platforms
- HTML5, CSS3 based development that is interactive & graphics intensive
- Experience in developing highly scalable back-end cloud applications
- Strong understanding of web technologies, web services, communication protocols, (REST, SOAP APIs & MQTT)
- Hands-on experience with .NET Core (C#) & Node
- Understanding & application Object Oriented Design, Design Patterns, & complex Data Structures
- Knowledge of authorization frameworks like OAuth, JWT, etc
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Understanding of Cloud services like AWS & GCP
- Understanding of Docker & Kubernetes
- Familiarity with CI/CD processes using GitLab runners/Jenkins
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.