Guardant Healthis a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics.The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease,Guardant Healthhas launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, & is developing programs for recurrence & early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
This role is in the bioinformatics team - you will be responsible for the software that is used in the clinical laboratory to process patient samples & analyze their genomic profiles, finding the right treatment options for cancer patients based on a simple blood draw. You will participate in a small team following agile methodology. Your role would be to implement new solutions & architectures to solve complex problems in a clinical NGS setting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Work with users & product managers to gather & refine requirements.
· Maintain & extend the applications RESTful web service / APIs in Python.
· Design & implement solutions end-end from user interface through persistent storage.
· Provide written documentation & specifications of software products & services. Preferably in a regulated environment such as IVD or CLIA.
· Evaluate, test, & use open-source software & applications.
Interface with other teams to obtain requirements & support deployed applications.
· Ability & desire to work on all aspects of software development in an agile environment including documentation, design, development, & testing of features & sub-systems.
· 6+ years experience developing software in production environment
· Demonstrated knowledge & experience using object-oriented programming & design patterns in production environments
· Working knowledge of Django & DRF
Working knowledge of managing & deploying Docker (or other virtualization technologies)
· Experience working with a relational database, preferably PostgreSQL
· Effective communicator with written & verbal fluency in English.
· Detail oriented with an initiative to drive tasks to completion.
· Ability to work well in a rapid-pace startup environment
· Ability to work well in a group & independently with minimal supervision
· Demonstrable ability to perform the Essential Duties & Responsibilities of this position.
The following experience is not required but is highly desired:
B.S. in Computer Science or related field