FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind - to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team.
Over 10 million sports fans use FanDuel products every day to get closer to the action, so we take pride in building products that make sports more exciting, are easy to use & incredibly reliable.
We're passionate about creating a collaborative culture where every team member has a real impact!
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
The Lead Platforms engineer will be supervising an agile development group directly responsible for the delivery of new platforms & services. This is a great opportunity to join our fast-growing, agile environment providing top tier enterprise systems troubleshooting, incident response, & solution design across the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide & implement technical design & engineering solutions that support a forward-looking enterprise systems architecture that effectively & efficiently meets the computing, storage, security, & data communications requirements across the business.
- Ensure that complex systems & services across the business are designed to efficiently achieve a high level of availability, as defined by IT leadership, in relation to the specific services & business requirements.
- Identifies & implements new technologies for business.
- Leads projects & technical delivery.
- Interfaces internally with cross functional teams & externally with vendors.
- Own & manage high visibility IT projects & projects involving other stakeholders.
- Own, maintain & monitor core on prem & cloud platforms & services.
- Identify infrastructure improvements & projects that will increase the capabilities & quality of service across the workplace.
- Lead in the development, implementation & administration of processes & procedures to ensure the reliability, recoverability, & optimum performance of laptops & local services.
- Provide Tier 2 & 3 technical support for all Enterprise Platforms & Services.
- Able to be on call and/or respond to urgent calls 24/7 as part of scheduled response teams.
- Coordinate with the Operations team to maintain a 24/7 systems operation with a rotating On-call schedule for production support issues.
- Uncover, research & educate the team on the newest technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strategic, current & detailed knowledge of enterprise-class information systems technologies & architectures
- Ability to propose, justify, plan, & bring to closure highly complex & large-scale information technology projects.
- Ability to design & implement change management processes, testing procedures, enterprise systems & network management systems, large scale systems management technologies, service level agreements, & information assurance measures.
- High level of skill in writing strategic documents, policy, & procedures in support of Enterprise systems & services
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
Beyond working with such a great team?
- An exciting environment with real growth.
- Contribute to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base.
- 10% time, hackathons, conferences & a manager committed to your career development.
- A healthy work/life balance through flexible working & untracked holidays.
- Pension, Attractive health insurance premiums.
There's more, but we don't want to go on & on.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.