As Ritual continues to launch in new markets around the world, the number of team members distributed globally increases with each day. Our people are our most important resource, & creating a best in class experience for payroll & benefits is something we take seriously. Were looking for a Payroll & Benefits Specialist to join our People Operations team to help shape this experience as we continue to grow.
As a member of the People Operations team youll report to the Head of People Operations while working closely with our Finance team. Youll own benefits & payroll & help define what a best in class experience should look like for Ritual team members around the world. This is a great opportunity for an experienced candidate to leverage their payroll & benefits knowledge & make an impact at a fast growing company.
As the Payroll & Benefits Specialist at Ritual you will...
- Represent the Compensation & Benefits functions on the People Operations team
- Responsible for full cycle processing of payroll for multiple geographies, including the US & Canada
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, & year-end reports on gross payroll, hours worked, PTO/vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.
- Responsible for calculating commission & bonuses for select team members on a quarterly basis
- Facilitate management & employee training & understanding of HRIS usage, payroll procedures, benefits, deductions, etc.
- Oversee benefits planning, including regular competitive analysis, & the implementation of best practices
- Help with new-hire orientations & onboarding as well as drive offboarding matters related to payroll & benefits
- Manage team members savings plans, including 401Ks
- Liaise with all 3rd party benefits & payroll vendors
- Respond to inquiries regarding benefits details from managers & employees on plan provisions, benefits enrolments, status changes, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state, provincial, & federal wage & hour laws & maintain current knowledge for all our locations
- In partnership with other members of the People Operations & Finance teams, draft templates & documents for team members in new markets
- Drive special projects, as needed, as Ritual scales & opens offices & hires teams all over the world
We are looking for a Payroll & Benefits Specialist that has...
- Stellar communication skills. An active listener & an influencer, youre customer-focused & capable of building quick & earnest rapport with the team. You are curious, born to ask questions & seek answers.
- Time Management & Organizational Skills. Punctual & accountable, youre adept at managing a large & distributed team & committed delivering an incredible employee experience . You pay strong attention to detail & coordinate promptly with the team.
- Willingness to learn. We have a culture of experimentation & are always striving to continuously improve. You are always looking to refine & improve the process & think a lot of scale!
- Overall, youre a results-oriented, high energy person, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with normal
- 5-7 years of professional & relatable work experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Working knowledge of benefits administration
- Experience running payroll
- Strong analytical skills
- Very comfortable working in Excel/Google Sheets
- Ability to work cross-functionally & deal with various stakeholders
- Understanding of International, Federal, State & local regulations & policies
People youll work with:
Lorena, Head of People Operations
Mike, Head of Finance
Zoya, Associate Director of Finance
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on an amazing consumer-facing product
- Competitive compensation package & equity in the business - we are all owners
- Healthcare coverage from day one & an unlimited vacation policy
- $15 daily in-app credit towards lunches & coffees
- Fun company-sponsored events & off-sites
- Biannual performance reviews, education allowance & opportunities for personal & professional development
Rituals mission is to digitize local commerce. Ritual was founded in 2014 in Toronto by a group of serial entrepreneurs & ex-Googlers with the vision of bringing digital efficiency to the local commerce space. Since then, Ritual has grown to over 300 employees, serving customers in 25+ cities across North America, the U.K. & Australia & has raised over $100 million in venture funding.