THE ROLE: Merchandise Assistant
We are looking for candidates who want to kick start their merchandising careers with the goal of becoming a Buyer!
The Merchandise Assistant will work with our buying teams to produce & procure the most fashionable & desirable merchandise for Rue La La & Gilt. In this role, you will be provided with training & exposure to purchase order processing, vendor negotiation, online boutique curation, & managing logistics with our warehouse & production teams.
Rue Gilt Groupe is an innovative, passionate, & collaborative work environment where youll have the chance to work with the best brands & buying teams in merchandising & e-commerce. Are you ready to get started?
What Youll Do:
- Generate & track purchase orders for all Rue La La & Gilt boutiques
- Partner with the Fulfillment team to troubleshoot shipping & receiving issues
- Build product assortments with your buyer & influence the styles you see on Rue La La & Gilt
- Select specific products which will be photographed in our on-site studio for on-site Boutiques & marketing materials
- Work collaboratively with Programming, Planning, Boutique Production, Creative & Marketing everyday to maximize sales
Why You Want to Work Here:
- Growth Potential: You can be eligible for promotion within six months to a year, pending performance
- Development: Youll participate in our Buying Development Program, which is continuous learning & enrichment for your merchandising career at RGG
- Live our Values: Tenacious, Kind, Collaborative, Passionate, Empowered, Innovative
- Choice of Office Location: Seaport in Boston or Madison Square Park in New York City
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness & innovation. Were committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow & bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you & sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- Passionate about Merchandising, e-commerce, & all things fashion!
- 0-1 years experience, internships & co-ops are welcome
- Familiar with Excel: Pivot Tables, VLookUps, & Formulas will take you far
- An effective communicator & loves to collaborate with others
- Someone who loves a challenge & wont back down
- Looking to be mentored by senior associates
Base Salary Range: $40,000 - $47,000.
Rue Gilt Groupe is committed to providing Associates with equal pay for equal work & carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including prior experience, skills & expertise, location, & internal equity. Our goal is to support, reward & compensate the entire individual. Depending on role eligibility, your offer may also include bonus/commission, equity, 401(k) match, & a variety of benefits. Therefore, final offer amounts may vary from the amount stated.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. Weve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium & luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites Rue La La, Gilt, & Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion & technology, were also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, & ourselves to push past the expected every day. Our culture is rooted in our values & together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious & Empowered.