At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for an Operations Lead for Lyft Rentals, a new service that allows Lyft users to seamlessly rent a car for weekend getaways, business travel, & errands. You, the ideal candidate, are a strong people leader & driven to provide world-class customer service. You thrive in a startup environment & are comfortable with ambiguity. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading customer facing & fleet operations, ensuring were delivering on our promise of best in class customer service while also driving operational excellence.
You come to work with infectious enthusiasm, emotional intelligence & a collaborative spirit. People love working with you. If you have experience developing employees, working in dynamic environments, & enjoy collaborating with cross-functional partners & vendors on operational initiatives that drive improvements, wed love to talk with you.
- Manage rental operations for three rental sites in your region
- Grow the rentals business line in your region to a mature operation
- Hire, manage, & train a team of top-performing Rental Associates & Automotive Service Associates
- Hold regular check-ins & feedback sessions with your team to identify & resolve any friction points in the customer experience
- Accountable for operational performance, including local staffing cost & customer satisfaction scores
- Work with the Fleet Coordinator to ensure rental vehicles are cleaned, maintained & fueled in a timely & cost-efficient manner while exceeding customer expectations
- Hyper-focused on finding operational process improvements & proactively improving all aspects of the business
- Work closely with other Lyft business lines to identify opportunities for cost savings & other ways to improve the business
- Data-driven & comfortable with operational metrics & targets, especially around customer satisfaction & on-the-ground performance
- Understand customer needs specific to their region & be the voice of the customer to improve product-market fit
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- 4+ years experience managing a consumer-facing team in retail, customer service or vehicle rental at a company that is known for exceptional service levels
- 2+ years experience in operations & people management
- Extremely passionate about delivering an outstanding customer experience
- Ability to coach & develop young leaders, high degree of emotional intelligence
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with leveraging dashboards & data to run a tight-knit & cost-effective operation
- Good business acumen & bias for action
- Strong cross-functional collaboration & partner management skills
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.