Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Operations Engineer to join our Insurance Operations team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As the Insurance Operations tactical solutions engineering team, Systems & Platforms, we build technical pipelines to automate insurance processes. We also develop new or enhance existing tools & features to be used by Insurance Ops that improve the way they work, & prototyping & integrating with engineering services.
You will oversee the designing, developing & documenting of scalable solutions necessary to supporting Oscar's growth. You will wok across Oscar to take the team's ideas from vision to implementation.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Insurance Operations.
- Develop & document complex, scalable & repeatable tools.
- Develop new or enhance existing tools & features used by the larger Insurance Operations organization. implement efficiencies, improve quality, & contribute to Oscar's regulatory or strategic needs.
- Prototyping & integrating with engineering & data services, pipelines, & models.
- Expertise across multiple technical, business & data domains
- Design & communicate tech-first solutions for essential operational & business problems. Independently represent our team in projects & technical discussions.
- Mentor junior engineers, helping them to build successful products according to our best practices.
- Apply complex, multidimensional healthcare data, technical design, & explain your work & improvement in baseline, structured terms to varied audiences & levels.
- Support urgent operational needs through on-call rotation
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in a technical role (examples include QA analyst, data analyst, financial analyst, healthcare analyst, systems analyst, support engineer, QA engineer)
- 3+ years experience using data software such as Python, SQL, Flask, & React
- A professional background in coding, analytics, financial, logistics, client relationships, statistics, or quality assurance
- Knowledge management, training, or content development experience
- Experience experimenting & iterating on ways to solve a problem
- Experience as a team leader or supervisor
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.