About the Role
If youre passionate about building large scale systems, & you are motivated to make an impact in building a robust & scalable platform used by multiple teams, come join us. You will help shape the vision & architecture of WeWork next generation system architecture, making it easy for developers in various teams to build products & features. You are responsible for developing a reliable architecture that scales with the companys incredible growth. You will be a part of an experienced engineering team & work with passionate leaders on challenging distributed systems problems.
This role will partner with product & data leadership team & play an integral role in strategic decision-making. The right candidate will possess excellent technical & communication skills. The ideal person for this role is inquisitive, authentic, optimistic, & transparent. The role is based in our New York headquarters.
About the Mission
The mission of Growth Technology is to deliver technology that powers the growth of our core businesses, by providing the right products to the right people at the right price at the right time. It includes how we build products out of SKUs, sellable inventory, & memberships, at a dynamically optimized price. Growth Technology covers the entire journey of a member, from their first interaction with our website or a salesperson, all the way through providing the right account visibility & flexibility so they stay a member for life & grow with us.
- Architect & design high-performance, fault-tolerant, secure, & scalable systems in production.
- Drive complex cross-team initiatives.
- Lead & review technical design & systems architecture across product areas services & applications.
- Drive architecture strategy, including coding standards, tools, & frameworks to make mission (and cross-mission) engineering more efficient.
- Partner with product management to lead technical requirements capturing discussions with customers.
- Partner with senior leadership to improve engineering process, technical standards, hiring practices, & other efforts to raise the quality bar for WeWork Technology
- Drive excellence in engineering & quality practices.
- Think through long-term impacts of key design decisions & handling failure scenarios
- Effectively empower others through delegation. Model & insist on empathy, collaboration, & positive relationships within & between multiple teams
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or relevant experience, master degree preferred)
- 10+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience with data scaling & operations.
- Experience driving technical excellence & engineering practices across teams.
- Strong ability to level up existing engineering talents & set high standards for new engineering talents.
- Experience designing & developing platform level, reusable components, including event architectures, messaging, & caching (JMS, ActiveMQ, Kinesis, Apache Kafka, etc).
- Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures, & their real-world use cases.
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems concepts & principles (consistency & availability, liveness & safety, durability, reliability, fault-tolerance, consensus algorithms).
- Strong system-level design, architecture & troubleshooting skills
- Familiar with modern data technologies. Experience in stream processing or Machine Learning technologies a plus.
- Proven experience writing scalable, high-performance, observable & clean code.
- Demonstrated experience developing web services using Java/Ruby/Go.
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical & digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members & employees. We build software & hardware that enables our members to connect with each other & the space around them like never before.We augment our community & culture teams through the tools we build. We believe theres a macro shift toward a new way of workingone focused on a movement towards meaning & purpose.
WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.We are a team of passionate, fearless & collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.