Since 2010, Birchbox has redefined the way people discover & shop for beauty & grooming by pairing a monthly subscription of handpicked, customized samples with relevant content & a curated e-commerce shop.
Birchboxs trailblazing subscription concept has continued to innovate. Today, it speaks directly to an otherwise-overlooked, underserved consumera consumer who Birchbox calls "The Casual Consumer. Casual Consumers are not passionate about beauty, & want a simple, personalized way to explore, buy, & use beauty. They want it to be easy, effective, funand they expect the same things of their beauty products. Birchbox is the destination for all who identify as Beauty Casual.
As Birchbox continues to innovate, the women-founded-and-run company is eagerly working to become a leader in industry-wide efforts toward greater sustainability & racial equity. Birchbox operates in three countries, & reaches more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 300 best-in-class prestige brand partners.
Visit www.birchbox.com for a forever useful, always delightful beauty & grooming experience.
Merchants are foundational to providing our customers a casual way to discover & shop for new beauty & grooming products. Merchants are key cross functional partners to delivering on our physical experience for casual consumers via the box. The products they source for the box & shop are a direct reflection of Birchboxs values, expert curation & the needs of the Birchbox community.
The Merchant team contributes to shaping & implementing strategies for digital & physical product experiences to achieve total company financial targets & strategic initiatives. Birchbox is on a quest to widen our assortment so that people from all backgrounds, body types, skin tones, ages, & selfidentity can see product offerings that fit their needs. The team is also focused on adding sustainably impactful brands & products to the assortment.
**Our office is based out of New York, NY. Due to COVID, our team is working remotely until further notice.**
- Identify, source & oversee a portfolio of brands from initial pitch to launch & ongoing account management.
- Seek out brands (indie to widely known) who align with our product focus; clean, sustainable, female-owned & diverse-owned brands.
- Increase brand partner NPS: Strive to be the best relationship partner for each brand you work with.
- Negotiate terms of partnerships to hit COGs budgets & ensure beneficial contracts for Birchbox & external partners.
- Partner with marketing on negotiation of brand partnership to determine if/how we champion that brand cross functionally.
- Be a category expert: Build robust product knowledge of beauty & grooming products & tools that uniquely serve the casual consumer at a category level, brand level, product level
- Identify Caj trends to build growth in box & shop revenue
- Know how all products should be used & who can use them
- Find products that fit the needs of a diverse range of consumers & learn about ways to contextualize efficacy for the Caj consumer.
- Create & manage all copy related tasks as it relates to your brand portfolio
- Learn how the subscription & shop work in conjunction to maximize ability to hit subscriber & shop revenue targets
- Identify & grow brand relationships that maximize this
- Edit & sort existing categories & focus on the products our customers need to know about, including items we have a history of sampling as well as new, exciting, & on-trend products.
- Accountable for the assortments performance; SKU productivity, margin, & curating products that drive organic website traffic & boost customer shop sales & activation.
- Work with the merchandising & planning teams on monthly & seasonal shop campaigns Set budget & sourcing to box & shop COGs targets with the full merchandising & planning teams.
- Partner with Content, Creative & Product teams to deliver on successful sampling & shop launches
- Project managing brand campaigns & unique deal terms
- Create insightful analytics packages to deliver campaign results to brand partners
- Utilize data to build value for brand relationships & integrating this into sales pitches
- 5+ years of work experience
- Experience in Merchandising, Buying, Sales, Planning or Business Development a plus
- Exceptional communication & presentation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with both brands & internal team members
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility & excitement in an ever changing environment
Birchbox welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, & experiences. We celebrate how different perspectives benefit our employees, our products, & our community. We are focused on cultivating a diverse & inclusive work environment that encourages collaboration, creativity, & innovation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
***To support an inclusive & equitable hiring process, we are eliminating resume submissions. To complete your application, answer the questions below.***