Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Finance Manager to join the R&D Finance team. This high-visibility role gives you a platform to drive investment intensity & growth. As the Finance Leader to our largest P&L portfolios, your ability to effectively manage all financial reporting, pro forma modeling, strategic assessment during quarterly business cycles & lead long range planning, annual planning processes will determine your success. In addition, this role will require you to build a deep business understanding of engineering concepts, nuances of the telecom industry along with partnering with GTM teams to clearly communicate the current state of the business & to develop standardized financial & operational measurement.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in building & developing best practices in a high growth environment. We seek someone who has:
- 5+ years of relevant analytical & management experience in Tech / SaaS Engineering Finance, FP&A or technology investing (VC/PE/fund).
- Strong communication; experience presenting to GMs/Senior Leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally & in a matrix environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills & clear thinking; experience building scalable models & processes.
- Demonstrated track of record in product revenue forecasting, Headcount forecasting, & budget management
- Experience in managing financials to meet quarterly/annual targets, setting up standard P&L reporting & variance analysis
As a Manager, R&D Finance you will:
- BE BOLD: Partner with Engineering Leaders & Operations to drive solid operating cadence & financial discipline
- BE AN OWNER: Standardize & improve operating/reporting cadences to generate value-added insights & actionable recommendations to drive growth & influence business KPIs
- NO SHENANIGANS: Report & communicate variances from planned/forecasted results to the Leadership Team on a regular basis
- DRAW THE OWL: Play finance leadership role in building internal dashboards to enable real-time analytics of product
- DRAW THE OWL: Support senior leadership in financial analysis of strategic partnerships & M&A opportunities
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, & video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications.
Twilio's Super Network team is responsible for providing & managing the telco connectivity & services that power the Programmable Communications Cloud & Engagement Cloud products. We do this by ensuring the network remains healthy, provides the coverage & capabilities customers require & operates in a cost-efficient manner. This places Super Network right at the heart of Twilio businesses & is a key competitive advantage.
The Finance Manager at R&D Finance is a unique role, this person will be partnering with the GM & senior leadership at Super Network This role has broad scope from top of the funnel metrics to revenue, M&A opportunities, managing operating expenses, & headcount planning strategies.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation, & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.