ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms Growth Marketing team is a group of fast-moving, data-driven, & creative thinkers who drive growth & engagement across all theSkimms platforms & products. The VP of Growth Marketing will be the strategic leader & driver of audience growth, engagement, & retention with a mission-focus on building an impactful brand for millennial women. Our ideal candidate is motivated by setting, hitting, & exceeding acquisition targets & has demonstrated success driving step-change growth across multiple products & verticals. This role reports to the Chief Product Officer.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Develop & lead our overall growth marketing, audience development, lifecycle marketing, & loyalty strategy focused on conceptualizing & activating campaigns & programs to increase newsletter subscribers, podcast listenership, app downloads, & overall platform audiences.
- Oversee a high-performing & engaged team of functional growth specialists, leading a connected, inclusive, & motivating team culture.
- Drive paid performance marketing with a focus on driving new, diverse, high-value audiences with strong efficiency.
- Leverage best-in-class lifecycle marketing practices to accelerate content engagement, as well as product adoption across TheSkimms ecosystem.
- Shape a robust audience development strategy; with a focus on sustained & ongoing partnerships with publications, content creators, & distribution platforms with direct audience growth impacts - attracting new, diverse audiences of millennial women.
- Lead & develop our loyalty strategy & program.
- Collaborate closely with editorial teams, help to influence content development strategies, working closely to help inform & provide insights that translate into meaningful audience growth.
- Work closely with product & technology teams to help inform product strategies & introduce & prioritize optimizations that contribute to growth goals.
- Lead forecasting, business projections, & goal-setting working closely with the Finance & Operations leaders.
- Work closely with Data & Insights team to uncover opportunities that help optimize growth strategy and/or increase user value.
- Work in lock-step with Brand & Sales leaders to ensure that large integrated tentpole campaigns are compelling & well-positioned to grow & engage audiences. Also, partner closely with them by serving as the audience growth go-to person within relevant initiatives, helping set & hit campaign goals.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 10+ years progressive experience in growth marketing functions with a proven track record of driving growth in a digital media and/or digital-first DTC brand/company.
- Strong leadership experience & ability to mobilize direct & indirect reports, as well as cross-functional leadership across the organization.
- Experience creating multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Strong brand appreciation & customer orientation.
- Strong experience partnering with technology & analytics teams.
- Passion for theSkimm's brand & products.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping millennial women live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.