THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
Blue Aprons Packaging Design Team is responsible for design across the Blue Apron physical experience. The team tackles complex challenges across the organization & responsible for the packaging design touch-point of our product.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Were looking for a Senior Packaging Designer to join our talented & growing in-house creative team. This person must be hardworking, collaborative, creative & strategically-minded. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, have a deep understanding of what it takes to launch a successful design & be passionate about the future of Blue Aprons out-of-box experience.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Develop & design strategically informed & clear physical packaging solutions with a strong brand design language that are inline with manufacturing capabilities
- Ensure the adherence of brand design guidelines & a consistent visual approach that marry package design with other elements of the brand for a cohesive user experience
- Understand key manufacturing constraints from a materials, operations, & production perspective & provide solutions to address technical complexity & deliver high quality customer experiences
- Collaborate closely with other creatives & stakeholders at all levels of the company
- Build prototypes & develop three-dimensional renderings that help bring the packaging to life using both digital & physical tools
- Work with the user research teams at the company to translate qualitative & quantitative research into user experience journeys & optimize our product inline with customers needs
- Bachelor's degree in art, design or similar field
- 5-7 years of experience as an in-house designer or experience in working at a leading design consultancy,
- A portfolio that demonstrates packaging design experience, & how youve used design to support, delight & engage customers
- Experience utilizing research & consumer insights in your design process
- Clear experience working within brand guidelines to execute beautiful work
- Demonstrated leadership & communication skills, with a high attention to detail in multidisciplinary creative teams
- Examples of both digital & physical prototyping skills
- Proficiency in Adobe CC is a must. Proficiency in 3D based programs such as Keyshot & Rhino is also required. A high degree of proficiency in Google Suite & Slack.
- Prior experience in food & food packaging as well as automated packaging equipment is a plus
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.