Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates transformation where its needed most. Through our intensive, four-year software developer training program, we teach high-need, high-potential adults the technical skills & industry smarts needed to get their first tech jobs, advance in their careers, & become the next generation of leaders in tech.
Our graduates are hired by leading companies like Pinterest, Kickstarter, LinkedIn, BlackRock, & JPMorgan Chase, & increase their average annual salaries from $18,000 to over $85,000. By connecting talent with opportunity, Pursuit empowers graduates to transform their families, tech companies, & communities across the nation. Read about our work in the New York Times: Income Before: $18,000. After: $85,000. Does Tiny Nonprofit Hold a Key to the Middle Class?
In addition to providing training & career support, Pursuits innovative operating model combines partnerships with tech companies to retrain their blue-collar workers and social impact investments to scale our services to more people & places of need. By connecting talent with opportunity, Pursuit empowers graduates to transform their families, tech companies, & communities across the nation.
At Pursuit, all employees have the opportunity to make a profound, positive social impact. We are building a dynamic, impactful, ambitious, brilliant hard-working team to achieve our goals & support our national expansion.
About This Role
Pursuit is currently seeking a strategic, entrepreneurial Vice President of Partnerships & Business Development. This role will be instrumental in Pursuits growth, & we are looking for a leader who will be strategic & tactical in owning & building this area of our business. You will be directly responsible for generating revenue from a variety of sources by developing new partnerships & growing existing relationships, coaching a team of business development & account management professionals, & bringing best practices into Pursuit. You should have experience building teams, defining & launching operational processes, & achieving revenue-based targets. As a member of the management team, the Vice President of Partnerships & Business Development will be an organizational leader & have incredible impact on Pursuits growth trajectory. Our ideal candidate has an impressive track record as a leader in sales, business development, or partnerships & a strong enthusiasm for Pursuits mission.
- Lead & drive partnership & business development strategies to increase revenue & secure employment contracts
- Identify opportunities for partnerships with entities who are excited to share in Pursuits mission & build meaningful, new relationships
- Define & progress partners through the Pursuit partnership lifecycle, achieving milestones to meet internal goals
- Structure, negotiate, & close new partnership deals
- Manage & grow existing relationships with partners to maximize value on all sides
- Build infrastructure, processes, & best practices to support the work of partnership & business development, including the introduction of tools & systems as needed
- Work collaboratively with leaders across the organization to define & refine offerings to ensure quality for partners
- Oversee, grow, & train a team of business development & account management professionals
- Set, measure, & reach goals, plans, & KPIs for the partnerships & business development team
- Represent Pursuit externally, generating enthusiasm & new leads at every opportunity
- Oversee the ideation, planning, & production of revenue-generating events
- At least 10 years of professional experience in business development, partnerships, and/or sales
- At least 3 years of experience in a management position, including responsibility for hiring & building a business development, partnerships, and/or sales team
- Incredible relationship-builder with an ability to engage, connect, & maintain relationships with a wide diversity of individuals
- Expert understanding of & well-developed skills in sales, partnerships, & business development, including identifying leads, building relationships, storytelling, negotiating, closing, account management, etc.
- Experienced manager who has built a team & enjoys coaching, mentoring, & ensuring the successful performance of a team
- Proven track record of building new business relationships & signing significant deals
- Comfortable & capable with both developing strategies & rolling up your sleeves to execute on them
- Data-driven & results-focused
- Creative, flexible, & solution-oriented
- Extremely motivated & inspired by Pursuits mission
We are currently operating remotely due to Coronavirus. We hope to return to in-person operations in our Long Island City office once it is safe to do so.
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds & experiences, & we value the richness that diversity brings to our organization. We welcome new perspectives & affirm that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer.