Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep productsincluding mattresses, pillows, bedding, & furnituredesigned in-house by the Companys award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns & operates Sleep Shops across North America & its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Oversee accounting staff to ensure quality & timeliness of deliverables & processes, including providing improvements on the month end accounting close
- Liaise with external auditors & assist in annual financial audits, including preparing audit schedules & responding to audit inquiries
- Lead the accounting for various areas, including Cost of Goods sold, Inventory, Fixed assets & others
- Prepare & review monthly journal workbooks & entries for various accounting areas
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements & related footnotes under GAAP guidelines
- Provide in depth financial statement analysis & meaningful explanations for trends & fluctuations
- Prepare balance sheet & P&L account level analyses & reconciliations to support amounts
- Maintain & review various accruals, cost allocations & related subledgers
- Assist in accounting research & analysis to construct memorandums & provide conclusions on technical accounting matters
- Work cross functionally with Finance, Legal, AP, Payroll, FP&A, Tax & various business owners on policies, processes, & help drive key system initiatives & improvements
- Ad hoc projects as assigned by the Controller or Assistant Controller
Our dream candidate has...
- A BA/BS in accounting or finance
- 7-9 years of accounting experience
- Experience managing or mentoring team members
- Willingness to extend themselves & assist other people
- Understanding of financial controls (SOX) & GAAP
- Advanced experience & competency working with Excel
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Planning & organizational skills to balance & prioritize work
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
Nice to have:
- CPA or CPA track preferred
- Experience across public & private accounting is preferred
- Prior experience with an E-commerce and/or manufacturing entity
- Exposure to large ERP system (JD Edwards a plus)
- Experience with standard costing
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles)
- Unlimited vacation policy. We believe in the power of rest so take the time you need to recharge.
- Work from Anywhere program where you can work anywhere around the world for up to 4 weeks per year
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!
Pursuant to the Companys COVID-19 mitigation protocols, individuals must show documented proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment, subject to applicable state & local laws & legally required exemptions, including a medical condition, disability or sincerely-held religious belief. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to the vaccination requirement in accordance with applicable law.