Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products & experiences to help you dream your way to a better life!We are looking for a naturally charismatic leader with exceptional service & sales acumen to be the Store Supervisor for our Long Island location. You will help oversee day-to-day operations of the store alongside the Store Manager & Associate Manager. As part of the leadership team, you will lead by example on the sales floor & ensure smooth store operations. You will help benchmark Casper's offline experience by nurturing a customer centric & consultative sales culture.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, & is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, & its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, & a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Assume managerial duties in the absence of the Store Manager/Associate Store Manager, including store opening/closing, upholding visual brand standards, maintaining safe working conditions & facilities maintenance.
- Help lead & advise associate team on sales floor with goal driven approach.
- Lead by example & contribute to a culture of ownership, continuous improvement, & goal achievement.
- Maintain training standards on the sales floor; ensure the team has both product & systems expertise.
- Help find ways to improve store operations & to improve overall customer experience.
- Ensure that the product & promotion schedule is in line with casper.com & help implement any initiatives from Casper HQ.
- Oversee inventory management. Inform all associates of product levels & shortages & assist leadership team in cycle counts & replenishment process.
- Help Casper reinvent retail by creating unique, optimal retail experiences.
- Be a constant ambassador of our core values & mission statement by providing & sharing great customer experiences, new messaging, ideas & feedback.
Our dream candidate is...
- 1-2 years experience as a people leader in a retail, sales, customer service or hospitality industry, with at least 3+ years in a customer-facing role
- Exceptional leadership capabilities with a track record of attracting, developing, & motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change, & leading others through the fast paced environments
- Deep & demonstrated understanding of service excellence in a consumer environment.
- Outstanding communication skills with a knack for building consensus via influence.
- Naturally curious & a solves problems with grace & optimism.
- Financial management experience preferred.
- Ability to lift at least 50lb
- The desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment understands the importance of experimentation & iteration.
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if youre feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!