When we started in 2012, we set out to reinvent men's basics with underwear & socks as our starting point. Today, we are a full-fledged menswear brand that powers radically-efficient wardrobing. Rooted in smart design & performance fabrics, our products are engineered to work together through our pioneering Daily Wear System.
As we continue to expand our product offering & distribution beyond e-commerce, we are looking for passionate, proactive, strategic, & creative problem-solvers to join our rapidly growing team. If that sounds like you keep reading.
Were looking for a Copy Director whos eager to make an impact on a fast-growing brand. Our ideal candidate will be the brand voice expert. This person will lead the copy team & ensure our brand tone & voice is carried throughout our storytelling in all channels; site, emails, paid ads, social, PR/partnerships, wholesale, retail & email. Youll report to the CEO, partnering closely on day-to-day with Marketing, Merchandising, & Design.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Concepting: Develop & execute creative concepts for all marketing campaigns.
- You will attend & support in campaign planning milestones to help elevate our language & storytelling.
- Develop partnerships with cross functional teams to keep all campaign planning in full sync amongst the brand
- Develop best practices for branded & editorial content
- Lead & oversee copywriting team to ensure brand tone & voice guide is interpreted accurately across all channels inclusive of marketing, site, wholesale, PR & partnerships
- Copywriting: Write & oversee on-brand, results-driven copy for all marketing channels & collateral. Edit copy to incorporate feedback from Marketing & Merchandising stakeholders
- Strategic Marketing Initiatives:
- Partner with Sr. Director of Brand & Communications to develop copy direction in briefs
- Identify opportunities & write copy for A/B testing across email & paid social
- Address business objectives intelligently & creatively
- Process Iteration: Work closely with the Director of Marketing Operations to continuously streamline processes, update best practices, etc.
- Evolve Brand Tone & Voice Guidelines as needed
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- Bachelors Degree in English, Creative Writing, Communications, Marketing, or Advertising
- Copy portfolio or samples, including email, site assets & paid & organic social
- 8 to 10 years of copywriting experience, preferably at an in-house ecommerce brand
- Ability to balance needs for the business & editorial
- Experience writing copy for different audience segments & touchpoints
- Exceptional organizational, multi tasking & problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team, with all levels of the organization, in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Strong interest in retail/fashion & the digital, direct-to-consumer space
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL
- We give a shit! - We care. Were slightly obsessive. We sweat every detail. We fight for what we think is best for Mack Weldon & our customers.
- We put our money where our mouth is - We own our words. We own our actions. We own our mistakes.
- We solve problems - You wont find us waiting around for someone else to fix a problem, if we can get our hands on it first.
- We wont sacrifice the future for a quick win - We wait for the second marshmallow.
- Its all about the people! - Relationships over transactions.
- Full insurance benefits
- Open vacation policy
- Great location in the heart of Nomad district
- Office snacks & drinks
- Thursday happy hours
- Free Mack Weldon gear