WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
The Director, Supply Chain Strategy is a key position that will act as a Hands On Project Manager & provide leadership for implementing a standardized network of supply chain process from the point of origin to customers homes & retail store locations. Will create integrated processes among Sourcing, Merchandising, Operations, Logistics, & outside suppliers to execute the sourcing, planning, allocation, & replenishment process. Will focus on eliminating waste throughout the supply chain & creating visibility & efficiencies wherever possible. With a solid overall supply chain management understanding & expertise, this role may focus on inventory consolidation & allocation, freight optimization & distribution functions. Ideal candidate will know supply chain strategies/process from point A to point Z.
Experienced Director Supply Chain Strategy with degree in Supply Chain preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other doodies may be assigned.
- Establish structure to organize & manage initiatives of supply chain strategy
- Develop baseline of current supply chain practices to implement sourcing strategies & objectives in support of all the Bark business units
- Recommend/Implement best in class supply chain technology & infrastructure suitable to the scope & size of the business, as well as scale for future growth
- Determine overall optimal supply chain processes for Bark across all products & markets
- Develop, implement & manage the requisite disciplines & skill sets that underlie an optimal supply chain operation as well as the ultimate organizational structure for its successful ongoing execution
- Provide strategic leadership in the development & implementation of company-wide materials on logistics policies & procedures as well as regulatory compliance
- Establish key performance metrics & benchmarks to measure the success of the materials & logistics initiatives. Results against goals will be measured on a regular basis & present to senior leadership
- Assist in the development of annual supply chain budgets in accordance with the overall strategy to achieve company goals
- Support site management on major fulfillment issues, implement program modifications within contracts & support business units to meet company requirements
- Support inventory strategy execution & implement best practice S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) process. Ensure overall capacity is secured throughout the network
- Leverage best practices where opportunities arise across all business units & drive compliance as defined by Supply Chain operation
- Ensure that supporting project initiatives in key areas of the business are on time & on budget
- Ability to present supply chain strategy to executive leadership team
- Excellent strategic problem solving, negotiation & analytical skills; strong business acumen
- Ability to influence & communicate effectively with all levels of employees
- Demonstrated ability of managing cost performance, supply chain/demand forecasting & distribution execution across product lines
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional projects at an enterprise level
- Ability to self-initiate & prioritize workload to meet goals & objectives on time & on budget
- Ability to analyze information effectively & consistently
Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) or equivalent from four-year college in supply chain management or related field is preferred. 10+ years of experience in a middle Management position with success in business improvement & supply chain leadership including a background that includes complex organization change & management & leading teams in multiple location distribution centers, manufacturing & retail with a high volume of products. Equivalent combination of education & experience will be considered. Military experience a plus.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & Outlook), Project Management tools required.