Our mission is to provide the type of video experience that helps our customers grow their audiences & monetize their content, & were looking for passionate & motivated engineers like you to help us do it!
Youll be joining a team of engineers that work collaboratively, with a high degree of autonomy & a strong sense of ownership to maintain & innovate on the video player technology that powers upwards of 15 billion plays on a monthly basis for some of the worlds top publishers & broadcasters such as Business Insider, Vice, Univision, Eurosport & Fast Company.
As a Test Engineer, you will:
- Ensure that our Playback & Platform products have the highest quality
- Work with a product manager & product development team to write test criteria that self-documents application business rules
- Review requirements, specifications & technical documents to create effective test validation methods
- Build & execute detailed, comprehensive & well-structured regression test plans
- Identify ways to break products using negative testing
- Execute integration & regression testing for builds each release cycle
- Increase test coverage & identify areas for automation
- Maintain & communicate testing schedule, timelines & test status
- Track quality assurance metrics such as open bug counts, test failures & overall test coverage
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools & test strategies
- 3+ years of professional experience in software test automation in a continuous integration & continuous deployment environment
- 2+ years hands-on experience working with WebDriver.IO or a similar test automation framework
- Experience with CI process & tools (Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience testing client-side applications & RESTful APIs, both manual & automated
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology & processes
- Proven bug detection, bug writing, & regression testing skills
- Outstanding organizational & communication skills (oral, written & interpersonal)
- Experience working in JIRA or other ticketing software
- Experience with Charles proxy & Postman
- Experience with browser developer tools
- Experience testing online video playback technology across web, mobile & OTT devices
- Experience testing content management applications
- Experience with containerization
- Contribution to open source projects
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago & continues to innovate as the worlds largest network-independent platform for video delivery & intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, & Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types & sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver & monetize their content across all devices. JW Players massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights & generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London & Eindhoven, & was named to Deloittes Technology Fast 500 in 2017. For more information, visithttp://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.