As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Strong software development & architecture, people management, problem solving, excellent communication, ability to work unsupervised, self-driven, manage multiple tasks.
Who Are You?
You are a world-classhands-on Software Development Managerwho has lead high caliber engineering teams. You have managed senior & junior engineers to ensure product features &releases are delivered on time with the highest levels of quality.
As a Technical Software Development Manager, you will handle & maintain the whole engineering team for development, along with coding & review them as changes in architecture. You shall be closely helping them in developing their careers & providing them responsibilities according to their competencies. As a SDM, you will be involved with all the other departments to have timely release of products in consideration with the quality.
- Hire, manage, coach, & develop a team of solutions engineers & application developers with great technical skills, characteristics, & team fit
- Be very hands-on; the job will involve about 20%-30% of coding (Java,REST web services & related technologies)
- Actively participate in code reviews, & in design & architecture decisions.
- Help engineers develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, & work styles.
- Collaborate with the Lead Architect on technology strategy, clearing technical debt etc.
- Define & iterate upon team processes to improve scale & reduce errors.
- Define & iterate upon best practices & engineering excellence & thrive towards making engineering excellence as team's DNA.
- Work with Product Management, Technical Support, Staff & business teams to identify user stories & ensure timely release of products/features with highest quality
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- At least 8 years of professional work experience in software product & platform development
- Proven success as a technical leader, coaching & managing development teams
- Strong working knowledge of SaaS platforms & software products that are built for high volume transaction processing.
- Strong technical skills in Java stacks; along with RDBMS and/or No SQL DBs.
- Good understanding of performance & security architectures
- Experience in CI/CD lifecycle using Git, Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Excellent people & conflict resolution skills; positive & can-do attitude
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to business audiences, & to explain business processes, concepts, challenges, & issues to technical resources.
- Startup experience is a huge bonus.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 15% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.