A lot of companies say theyre mission-driven. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, & welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors & collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporations staff designs, builds, & distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product the Firefox browser has expanded into a family of products that protects users & alerts them of risks. Mozillas Emerging Technologies group incubated & sponsors Rust Stack Overflows most loved programming language for the last four years & is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, & voice recognition.
We are looking for a talented Program Manager who is committed to shipping great products to a consumer market. Do you enjoy planning & executing large & complex software projects? Do you have a knack for driving consensus among teams with conflicting priorities? Can you move seamlessly between discussions with senior level executives, front line engineers, & strategic partners? Are you motivated & driven to work on products that put people first?
The Firefox Engineering team is seeking a program manager who is an exceptional leader & who thrives in getting into the details & leveraging their organizational skills to help create a high-performance team. We are looking for someone to lead in a highly cross functional role spanning multiple engineering teams that support our Firefox product ecosystem to support our Sr. Director of Strategic partnerships. Close collaboration with strategic partnership management, software engineering, design, data science, QA, & other teams will be necessary to help prioritize, manage, & track deliverables. The position is very hands-on & will require a deep understanding of the software development lifecycle in order to facilitate an efficient, innovative, & fulfilling product development process.
As a Firefox Sr. Engineering Program Manager at Mozilla, you will need to:
- Drive cross-functional initiatives that span software development teams & in some cases product lines.
- Partner with Product Management & Engineering to facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, & deliverables.
- Anticipate program risks & establish a risk management system for mitigation & avoidance.
- Drive on-going process improvements by leveraging industry best practices & improving upon standard program management methodologies to increase team efficiency & effectiveness.
- Strategically communicate information between engineering & other internal groups (both technical & non-technical) to ensure that decisions & status are understood.
- Identify project deliverables that are stuck & drive them forward.
- Build consensus across a highly matrixed organization.
- 5+ years working in Project or Program Management for consumer software products.
- Solid experience with a variety of software development methodologies, including Agile.
- Full project lifecycle experience from project inception to go-to-market.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Web standards (HTML, CSS, JS) & the technology that drives the Web.
- Sharp analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team.
- Experience working with strategic partners.
- Must be comfortable communicating with executive management & cross-functional teams.
Other Useful Skills/Experience:
- PMP Certification
- Bachelor degree in CS or Engineering.
- Experience building consumer desktop & mobile products. Systems-level programming experience would be useful.
- Familiarity with systems such as Bugzilla, GitHub, Jira, or similar.
- Familiarity using an OKR (Objectives & Key Results) framework to track progress.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Feel good about your work again.
At Mozilla, were serving humanityby maintaining a safe, open internetwhile also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal & professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, & a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn & grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, & each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, & our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds & with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance & put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 10 global offices: Beijing, Berlin, London, Paris, Mountain View, Portland, San Francisco, Taipei, Toronto & Vancouver
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents & up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware & software of your choice
Wellness programswe reimburses up to $1700/year for expenses like child & elder care, mental wellness, & personal enrichment
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open & free is better than closed & controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform & help create more opportunity & innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.