Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. Were scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking & giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology & marketing cloud category. Simons platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data & machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts & ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, & give them ownership, great things happen.
Outstanding organizations are built on focus, cohesion, drive, & - of course - a stellar product. At Simon, we've found a rapidly-expanding sweet spot in marketing software & are growing our team to take advantage of that opportunity.
The team at Simon is well-supported by a mature account development function, a dynamic go-to-market process, best-in-class, hands-on client solutions team & a great customer base of savvy companies.
As a Sales Engineer, you'll be a key contributor to growing the top line in an essential new SaaS category at the intersection of data & marketing, backed by some of the best technologists in the world. This role will work cross-functionally with prospects in a pre-sales capacity, as well as with our product function as the voice of our customer base.
What Youll Do
- Create custom demos, draft demo scripts, support RFP responses, explain Simons products & services, & document our competition
- Assist prospective customers as they perform technical due diligence while also performing the same due diligence on behalf of Simon to assess client fit
- Diagnose challenges facing CMOs, CTOs & VP-level leaders at F1000s & high-growth companies
- Drive conversion of proof of concepts by assisting in presale solutioning
- Work closely with Simon Data founders, Sales Executives, Client Solutions Managers, Partnership Teams, & Product Managers to help shape product vision & go-to-market strategy
- Partake in the commercialization strategy for a high-growth startup, backed by top investors
- 3+ years of professional sales engineering experience
- Experience working for a B2B SaaS company; CDP or MarTech experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree (technical degree a plus)
- Ability to strategically partner with prospects
- Ability to quickly absorb & understand the multifaceted MarTech landscape (prior knowledge a plus)
- Experience thinking through complex data models & mapping business requirements to technical requirements & vice-a-versa
- SQL experience or similar relevant programming languages
- A strategic problem solver who's passionate about results & is able to succeed in an unstructured & fast-paced environment
- Thoughtful, curious & a problem solver
- Experience as a top performer in previous roles
- Superior emotional intelligence & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently to deliver outcomes, & collaborate with & across teams
- Strong presentation skills & the ability to think on your fee
What We Offer
- 100% coverage of medical premiums for employee AND family
- Flexible PTO
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Remote work, quarterly wellness, & client support stipends
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, & to receive other benefits & privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the NYC office. However, Simon will consider accommodations for disability- & religious-based reasons on a case by case basis.