Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
As the Marketplace Development & Strategy Lead, you will be joining an exciting new Vox Media division. The team focuses on communicating & capitalizing on, our brands position as a modern media company. Working in partnership with the rest of the Global Partnerships & Strategy team, you will help shape the go-to-market & value proposition. In addition, as a touch point of industry feedback, you will leverage your current relationships & contacts from within Vox Media, to explore how we best partner going forward. We are looking for a strategic thinking, who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment & enjoys being a change agent.
This role will report to SVP of Global Partnerships & Strategy & be based out of New York with occasional travel to outer markets.
What youll do:
- Partner on Vox Medias perception in market - where should we be showing up, how should we be talking about the brand as a whole
- Work with product, Concert, programmatic, creative services & other internal divisional heads to create offerings & strategy
- Foster & maintain key senior agency relationships using a consultative & strategic approach
- Facilitate agency QBRs, product rollouts, industry insight days & roadshows
- Create & prioritize modular lines of business for agency/ marketplace consideration
- Track feedback, package tracking, etc to guide better offerings moving forward
- Explore JVPs, upfronts & alternative buying models
- Educate salesforce around agency considerations & addressing RFP KPIs
What youll bring:
- Proven track record of creating strong & executable consumer focused marketing ideas
- Passion for product marketing
- Perspective on unique agency buying models
- Existing high level relationships with agency leads & industry organizations
- Perspective on a range of digital ad products including display, premium, video, native/branded & deep knowledge of programmatic
- Experience using events to create brand awareness
- Ability to work in a high-growth, resource constrained environment
- Strategic leader in business strategies with a track record of leading innovative monetization schemes
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills & relationship orientation for collaborative problem solving
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.