We are looking for a bright, energetic & seasoned Director of Engineering to join our team at Conductor & lead our DevOps & CICD teams. These teams work directly with the Engineering organization & provide support to both the development effort & our platform. They are responsible for all of our production systems, including metrics, monitoring & alerting systems, & are continually pushing our continuous integration, delivery, & deployment solutions to the next level. This role will have a direct impact on our ability to help meet the needs of our customers & elevate the Engineering team to new levels.
Our Engineering Values
- Collaboration: We believe that engineers do their best work when working together in cohesive teams.
- Excellence: We believe in doing things the "right way" rather than the "fast way", & holding ourselves to a high standard of excellence.
- Growth: We believe engineers do their best work when they are constantly growing, learning, & changing.
- Communication: We believe in combining empathy with openness & honesty to set clear expectations & hold each other accountable.
- Impact: We believe we're making the world a better place by empowering marketers to really help their customers rather than just sell stuff.
What You'll Do
- Manage & lead two teams of extremely motivated & driven individuals
- Provide career growth, mentorship & leadership to members of the team
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the Engineering organization to educate, evangelize & drive initiatives
- Define a vision & quarterly roadmaps for the team
- Regularly assess the health of architecture & systems & advocate for upgrades & improvements as needed
- Identify areas for cost optimization & reduction
- Participate in software design reviews with product management & feature teams
- Work directly with the InfoSec team to collaborate on security initiatives & maintain certifications
- Contribute directly to projects as needed & occasionally drive projects on the team
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of experience leading infrastructure teams in defining visions & strategies
- 7+ years managing & operating SaaS applications in production environments
- Experience managing production Kubernetes environments at scale
- Experience with Terraform, or other methods of writing infrastructure as code
- Experience with AWS services like EC2, RDS, IAM, SQS
- Experience with Ansible, or some form of configuration management tooling
- Experience with database operations with Cassandra, MySQL or other relevant NoSQL & RDBMS technologies
- Experience with SSO technologies like Oauth2, SAML or LDAP
- Working knowledge of software development & testing best practices
- Experience setting up & building continuous integration & deployment solutions like Jenkins, TeamCity, Spinnaker, etc.
- Familiarity with building & releasing software in an agile development environment
Why You Should Join
At Conductor, we are looking for engaged & passionate engineers that can raise the bar. There is a tremendous opportunity here to have immediate impact in the day-to-day & affect the company's success & growth. We all share in the same values & push each other to meet these standards.
We are made up of a diverse group of people from all backgrounds & include a team of exceptional engineers in Kyiv as well. Wherever you are from, you will find a common ground here for continuing to push forward your career & make a difference in this industry.
Conductor is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Conductor Searchlight helps marketers create & optimize content to improve visibility online. The technology generates customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, & higher organic marketing ROI. Customizable dashboards & workflows guide marketers through the content creation process, empowering them to measure, refine, & demonstrate the effectiveness of their SEO & content marketing efforts.
In addition Conductor offers a suite of services & support including site audits, site migrations, & managed services that empower in-house marketing teams & digital marketing agencies to drive results & put their customers' needs first.
Conductor's forward-thinking customers include global & emerging enterprise brands like Citibank, Salesforce, ClassPass, & WeWork.