BARK is a company building products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, & enthusiastic just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes & spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people crazy dog people believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
Were sniffin' around for an Email Marketing Manager as we build out email & mobile marketing programs here at BARK. This email loving, belly scratching, analytics junkie will be responsible for executing all email & push marketing campaigns, list segmentation, analytics, reporting, template implementation, testing & content/campaign programming.
What you'll do in this role:
- Manage & execute weekly email campaigns:
- QA & approve all email campaigns to ensure creative content, links, & copy are all correct
- Execute A/B tests, ensure mobile/responsive optimization & assist in creative enhancements that will keep our channel innovative & competitive
- Work with design & coding to ensure that templates render properly on desktop/mobile/tablet
- Manage testing calendar with the emphasis on optimizing for higher open/click/purchase or engagement rates
- Own the master email calendar across all BARK properties
- Pay attention to analytics stuff (and analyze it!):
- Track the success of the email & mobile marketing program through reporting & analytics
- Monitor & maintain deliverability rate, unsubscribe rate & other metrics
- Report weekly metrics & lessons learned
- Orchestra mobile
- Work within our mobile marketing platform to build & execute targeted push notifications
- Coordinate campaigns between digital channels reflective of customer preferences
- List Ownership & Nurturing
- Partner with Dev team & use our software tools (eg Sailthru, Simon Data) to manage list hygiene, segmentation, etc
- Pull customer data lists for sends
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of email program strategy experience desired
- Hands on experience building & deploying email programs
- Working knowledge html/web page building & coding
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, fast moving office with lots of dogs barking
- Highly organized & detail-oriented - can execute complex tasks flawlessly & with minimal oversight
- Strong data analytics capabilities.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with the creative, product, data & engineering teams.
- Experience with SailThru a plus
- Must Love Dogs. A Lot.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.