Readi.ly tells the story of the places around us, through the voices of the community. We're a digital storytelling platform that connects short stories with the physical world.
Our mission is to connect global audiences with crafted, creative stories, tied to a sense of place. We want to build and foster a community of storytellers and readers interested in exchanging thoughtfully-told stories that will be discoverable through our app, based on the reader's location. Our vision is to make Readily one of the most accessible and relevant destinations for modern storytelling in the world.
We are looking for a creative and strategic digital product manager to lead a distributed team.
The Product Manager will work with the founding team to strategize and execute the product roadmap. From high-level planning to in-the-weeds execution, the product manager will be working to grow the app's user-base of storytellers sharing their stories with engaged, active readers through the app. The product manager will also lead development initiatives such as forming strategic partnerships in the publishing and travel industries.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience with managing the development of digital products, especially two-sided platforms, taking them from early-stage to scale. The product manager will have an intuitive understanding of the changing media landscape, cross-platform publishing and user behaviors around online content consumption. The right candidate will be excited to join a small team and hustle hard, leading the app through a successful New York Beta and onwards through public launch. The candidate will be excited to build strategic partnerships with existing content platforms including established, international beacons of journalism, publishing and film production.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Set the strategic direction for a team with limited time and resources, focusing relentlessly on growing an audience of writers and readers for the app and delivering a compelling, world-class digital product experience.
- Working with a project manager, ensure the remote engineering team is delivering the MVP app on time and on budget.
- Oversee the delivery of design assets from our brand and UI designer.
- Develop and lead a team workflow that facilitates the rapid accumulation of compelling, emotionally impactful, short, place-based stories. The current team consists of a researcher, editor and the founder, but further distributed resources will likely be added to the mix.
- Work closely with the founder to determine a growth-path and business model for the app.
- Develop, implement and maintain strategies to promote writer engagement.
- Drive tangible and measurable results against agreed goals and KPIs.
Initiate and develop successful strategic partnerships with existing content platforms.
- Interface regularly with the founding team to share insights and learnings.
- You have 3+ years' experience managing digital platform products, ideally with a background in journalism, media or publishing
- You can define, own and set a clear roadmap and KPIs for a distributed team
- You have a track record of growing a viable user-base for a digital product
- You are focused and effective, balancing priorities and tasks in a startup environment with a high degree of ambiguity & flexibility
- You have experience developing a viable business model for a content & publishing platform
- You have exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills, with experience building collaborative workflows for distributed teams
- You have an exceptional work ethic, great hustle and you can solve problems quickly and efficiently
The Product Manager position is flexible upto full time, working remotely with a distributed team. A cash/equity split can be considered for the right candidate.
Readily provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy and any other category protected by law.