The Atlantic has, for more than 160 years, advanced ideas that matter & sparked global conversation on the most important issues of our time. We aim to bring clarity & original thinking to questions of consequence, on topics ranging from politics, the economy, & global affairs to technology, science, & culture. As the third-longest-running magazine in America, we find ourselves at a remarkable moment: one of both continuation & transformation, of upholding our legacy while continuously reinventing ourselves for the future.
The Atlantic is looking for a Director of Ad Operations & Ad Tech to oversee TheAtlantic.coms digital campaign management, ad performance, & ad tech strategy. This role will coordinate with internal stakeholders in editorial, marketing, product & development, & sales as well as outside vendors to successfully implement direct, video, native, & paid distribution campaigns. In this role, you will lead our ad operations & paid distribution team, be our main liaison with the ad product team, & oversee & optimize our suite of ad offerings for both yield & ad performance.
Ad Operations Responsibilities:
- Manage day to day responsibilities of the ad operations traffickers; ensure that traffickers are reaching their daily goals & successfully trafficking & implementing campaigns.
- Provide pre & post support to sales, planning, & product & development teams.
- Maintain & manage ad specifications to ensure were meeting industry standards.
- Oversight of takeover calendar & site-wide high impact implementations.
- Manage relationships with ad verification & brand safety vendors to ensure onsite ad quality.
Ad Performance Responsibilities:
- Oversee our sitewide ad performance. Both by optimizing our current suite of ad products but also by helping ideate our ad experience of the future.
- Manage our paid distribution team & process. Working with internal & external teams to strategize, optimize, & execute our paid distribution campaigns.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Pocket, Twitter, and/or any DSP experience a plus.
Ad Tech Responsibilities:
- Be the Revenue Teams (marketing / sales / rev ops) primary liaison with the ad product team. Helping prioritizing sprint queues, explain business needs, & provide testing/QA assistance.
- Experience in troubleshooting of all ad types including display & video.
- Previous experience with 3rd party vendors such as DCM, Sizmek, Celtra, IAS / DV, etc.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelors degree or professional experience in a related field.
- Experience in ad serving & ad management technologies such as Doubleclick for Publishers Moat, Grapeshot, and/or FatTail AdBook.
- Previous experience leading & managing an Ad Ops team.
- Strong project management & communication skills.
- Good analytical & problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate across departments.
- An ability to prioritize, troubleshoot issues both independently & with your team, & work with grace under fire.
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two pillar gifts in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas to the good & not have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, & flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity a natural disposition in each colleague toward service & selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth critical on the merits but informed by charity & forbearance in measuring motive & personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.