We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking an Associate Manager, Corporate Gifting to join our Retention Marketing team. Our Retention Marketing team grows the Away community by establishing strong customer relationships & building trust in our brand, motivating them to transform the way they connect with the world & with others. In this role, you will be responsible for managing & developing corporate gifting relationships & finding opportunities to drive growth in this area of the business.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will be self-directed, thrive on interacting with customers, & eager to help thoughtfully define the future of the program. You will report into the Manager of Corporate Gifting & be based in our New York City office.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What youll do:
- Cultivate & nurture client relationships by effectively communicating our corporate gifting program & offerings
- Leverage sales & account management principles to grow an ongoing pipeline of accounts
- Manage end-to-end opportunities, from initial conversations to order receipt, all while ensuring a best-in-class customer experience
- Provide recommendations that best serve the client's needs by leveraging our direct-to-consumer business model, our product offerings, & our personalization capabilities
- Define, build, & implement effective & targeted strategies to engage with new customers with limited oversight from the Corporate Gifting Manager
- Develop analytical frameworks for new projects & growth opportunities, presenting data & recommendations that enable strategic decisions & unlock revenue, efficiency, or a better customer experience
- Work independently with cross-functional teams to identify potential for the program, including but not limited to long-term partnership opportunities, development of marketing materials, corporate event activations, & custom personalization opportunities
- Establish workflows & best practices in our CRM tool, identifying ways we can use the data to guide & improve our sales & customer strategies
- Collaborate with the Logistics team to solve operational challenges, using those learnings to recommend actionable processes & tactics for improved workflow & order delivery
- Monitor competitive corporate gifting programs & compile findings for continuous improvement of our program
Who you are:
- You likely have 3-5 years of relevant work experience in sales, business development, account management, or partnerships
- You have excellent writing & interpersonal skills & would be excited to represent our brand to a variety of clients, ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies
- You have a variety of skills that help you effectively manage a sales pipeline, including prospect research, lead generation, & client management
- Youre highly organized & can seamlessly manage multiple conversations & timelines & have experience managing special projects independently
- You have experience with CRM systems & are familiar with identifying, setting, & tracking the right kinds of pipeline & sales metrics that drive a business forward
- You are very proficient in Excel & Google Sheets & are comfortable manipulating data to solve problems at hand
- Bachelors degree, similar field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- You think of the big picture, but you can also roll up your sleeves to solve what's right in front you
- You have creative ideas on how to uncover new opportunities in the corporate gifting space & are eager to share those thoughts with our team
- Youre passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous & inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, & a kitchen stocked with snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups & inclusion training, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with your new coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey & Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online & through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up & offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage & travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, & one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London & Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.