Are you an innovative designer whos passionate about creating beautiful & seamless end-to-end experiences? Do you want to create a big impact in making our user experience among the best in any category? Does understanding the nuances of how people use our product & distilling out what they really need to have the best experience excite you? If so, keep reading!
We are looking for a seasoned mobile user experience designer who will have a considerable impact in making our user experience among the best in any category. Since our software is all about monitoring metrics & making sense of data through customizable visualizations, we need someone to own the process of transforming complex technical tasks into intuitive flows for our users, & represent all the use cases of our product! Not only would you work with a highly technical design team & learn front-end development, but youd also be solidifying InfluxDatas UX process. We celebrate diversity & inclusion of all candidates.
What Youd Be Doing:
- Working with the Design & Product leads on an awesome data visualization product
- Create understanding & empathy around user needs
- Scheduling user testing sessions with users within & outside the company
- Creating & maintaining user personas
- Using research insights to identify areas of improvement in the product
- Mocking up potential design solutions & discussing them with the design team
- Collaborating with engineers to determine feasibility of designs
What Youll Bring To The Team:
- 3-6 years UX design experience
- Passion for creating practical solutions to complex user problems
- The ability to make a customer feel at ease
- Experience in survey design
- Working knowledge of statistics & experimental design
- Strong understanding of the strengths & shortcomings of different research methods, including when & how to apply them during the product development process
- A desire to learn the technical side of product design & development
Bonus Points If You:
- Have experience writing HTML & CSS
- Have case studies documenting the outcome of your work
- Working knowledge of Git (and GitHub)
- Have worked on a highly technical product before
- Want to learn some (or a lot) of front-end skills on the job
- Have a strong sense of aesthetics
- Worked with a visual style guide in the past
- Enjoy board games
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, & Kapacitor.
Were a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, & Battery Ventures, & a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees & dependents
- Company contribution to FSA & commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- & long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company & only by having a core set of beliefs & values will we be successful. We hire & live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters & recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.