Produce quality content. Work on techs hottest research. Amplify the CBI voice.
CB Insights is seeking a detail-oriented & motivated Associate Editor to copy edit & fact check our tech & strategy-focused research. You will join our rapidly growing Intelligence Unit composed of editors & analysts.
About the Editorial Team:
Working on the Intelligence Unit is like having a front row seat to the future. There is no team quite like ours anywhere, inside or outside of tech. It's a unique opportunity to both work at a startup & spend your day helping produce & polish research on the technologies, business models, companies, & market trends of tomorrow across the hottest industries. You will be surrounded by some of the most curious & driven people you will ever meet & held up to the highest standards every day. Our editors & analysts come from backgrounds as diverse as equity research, journalism, consulting, investment banking, VC, & more. As you grow, you will have the opportunity to work across all types of research, collaborate on cross-team projects, & learn all about tech's impact on key markets & industries.
- Line edit, copy edit, & fact check data-heavy research briefs, reports, & decks
- Assist in production / curation of our newsletters which reach 630K+ readers
- Edit infographics for content & visual consistency
- Assist in maintaining the editorial calendar
- Provide thoughtful & effective feedback to analysts & freelancers
- Update high-performing content as needed
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 2-3+ years of relevant editing and/or online publishing experience
- Solid grasp of numbers & data & a zeal for accuracy
- Familiarity with HTML, SEO, & with content management systems like WordPress
- Knowledge of / interest in venture capital / startup ecosystem or tech a plus
- A superior ability to work under tight deadlines
- Solid project management & communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic, & fast-changing environment
- Willingness to pitch in on all tasks & roll with changing priorities
- BA/BS required
*Submission of cover letter with application required
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Perks & Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, & vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Happy, Helpful, Humble, & Hungry: Check out more about our company culture here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!