Ever worked on a product where the requirements were dictated to you by stakeholders? Not at Pluralsight. We believe in Human-Centered Design, autonomous teams, & the customer breaking the tie. Which means you will be working on a cross-functional team with a dev team who all share the same focus: learning from our internal & external customers & using that knowledge to decide what problems to solve & how to solve them. This is why we look for practitioners who are experienced, good at understanding people, & are driven by the love of what they do.
We are currently hiring for Senior Product Manager roles across our Experience Teams that focus on creating experiences for our Learners, Tech Leaders, Content Creators, Partnerships, & many, many more. We are looking for results-oriented product practitioners from various backgrounds at the senior skill level to join our team to evolve our experiences, contributing to raising the bar on our best in class skills platform.
Who you are committed to being:
- You are focused on making progress every day
- You are comfortable establishing & evangelizing a desired end state, or outcome, & motivating others to come along
- You ask detailed & specific questions, understand nuance, & challenge conventional wisdom
- You care about the success of your customers
- You understand that what people say they want & what they actually want may differ
- You are passionate about learning & actively seek feedback to drive continual improvement
- You care about the health of your team & lead from a place of empathy
- You care equally about results & how you show up in delivering them
What you'll own:
- Driving product mission, vision & strategy for video content creation that aligns to company vision
- Prioritizing & setting the outcomes with your team based on the company vision
- Discovering customer needs & balancing those with Pluralsight business objectives
- Designing research strategies to test proposed solutions cost-effectively & to minimize risk while continuing to learn & deliver
- Facilitating product design, engineering & other experience-team members through problem solving to create innovative solutions that are viable, desirable, & feasible
- Communicating plans, progress, goals, & challenges to internal & external stakeholders
- Bringing best practices & methods to the team to level up our practices
- Resolving & reducing issues & bugs in collaboration with engineering
Experience you'll need:
- At least 5-6 years of product experience
- Ability to identify new & impactful business opportunities.
- Experience designing mixed methodology research, mapping qualitative to quantitative data, & using synthesis to drive powerful insights that drive progress.
- Ability to lead user research & human-centered design efforts.
- An analytical approach to & history of testing & understanding the performance of experiences & new features.
- Strong leadership, decision-making, & collaboration skills including the ability to gather, organize, share & orient multiple groups around an objective.
- Experience facilitating autonomous, cross-functional teams with a strong sense of accountability & communicating on a technical level with engineers & designers.
- Strategically defining and/or leading product experiences with understanding of competitive markets.
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 & trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations & individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft & take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles & become scalable, reliable & secure. We come to work everyday knowing we're helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us & our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, & we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics & trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, & peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds & experiences, & united by our mission, we are one.