Our platform has robust analytics tools that can tell video creators where people are from, where they click, & even track where in a video someone stopped watchinggiving you insight into creating engaging content in the future.
As a Sr. Data Engineer on the Data team, you will create infrastructure & services that provide access to real-time event streams. You will work with our product & engineering teams to help define data access & help implement systems to give deeper insightful data metrics to video creators.
What Youll Do:
- Work with stakeholders to define new events streamed through our pipeline
- Create, manage & maintain batch & real-time ETL pipelines for streaming events
- Help design & build a system for data discoverability
- Review Kafka & Spark specific metrics & key performance indicators for monitoring & performance management
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, & diversity
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 3+ years experience working with scalable data architecture, fault-tolerant ETL, & monitoring of data quality in the cloud
- Expertise in Java/Scala & at least one other backend programming language
- Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Flink, or similar data streaming & processing framework experience
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL (HBase, BigTable, Cassandra)
- Experience and/or working knowledge of developing Restful web APIs
- Airflow, Celery, or any other Open Source Data task processing system
Bonus Points (Nice Skills to Have, but Not Needed):
- Experience with Apache Phoenix
- Python or other scripting language experience a plus
- Cloud Provider experience (AWS tools, Google Cloud tools, Azure tools)
- Real-time analytics databases (Druid, Clickhouse, Snowflake, BigQuery/Spanner)
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 175 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 600 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.