Cloud FoundryHerokuElastic BeanstalkPaaS
(NewRelic, Cacti, Graphite, Logstash, Nagios, Ganglia, Splunk, vCOPS, Hyperic )
VMWare vSphere / ESXi / ESXOpenStack
JenkinsConcourseCI / CD
Job Location: Tokio, Japan
About your potential future team: Pivotal Japan Platform Architect team
A typical day in this role:
- Present Pivotal vision, strategy & product roadmaps to executives & technical management
- Work with sales team to develop & implement account strategies & drive the adoption of Pivotal solutions within strategic accounts.
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision-making process & funding.
- Use knowledge of competitive solutions to help the sales & field engineering teams propose the most optimal solution for the customer
- Present & market the design & value of proposed Pivotal solution & business case to customers & prospects.
- Builds relationships with the account team, partners, & customers in support of sales team objectives
- Configure & document Pivotal software, hardware & service solutions to meet customer & sales objectives. Participate in RFx & drive POCs.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing, & Engineering during the development, launch & continuing refinement of Pivotal products
- Travel within your assigned territory is required.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge or experience with cloud providers & IaaS
- Clear understanding of cloud service & deployment models
- Knowledge & experience with building & deploying enterprise or cloud scale applications
- Experience with production systems & dealing with production issues
- Comfortable in Java (or equivalent languages)
- Analytical ability, problem-solving skills & decision-making skills
- Customer focused & results driven
- Good command of spoken & written English
Desired Skills / Experience
- Docker or Kubernetes experience
- Experience with a PaaS product such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk or similar
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, BOSH, Terraform or related automation/orchestration tools
- Understanding of systems monitoring, alerting & analytics (NewRelic, Cacti, Graphite, Logstash, Nagios, Ganglia, Splunk, vCOPS, Hyperic, etc)
- Familiar with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Concourse
- Experience in datacenter operations, network administration, production database support or website support
- Experience with the Spring Framework
We really care about our employees & offer:
- Pivotal offers a very competitive compensation package (Base Salary + a generous RSU program)
- Benefits package (Medical health insurance including childbirth, Risk Benefits & other insured benefits)
- Commuter allowance - Pivotal pays the cost of public transportation, for ALL employees, based on the shortest & most economical route from home to office & return.
- Diversity of Leave Entitlements (including annual, parental, marriage, adoption leave & others)
- Pension Plan (Defined Contribution (DC) Plan + Cash Balance (CB) lump-sum plan
- Business travel health insurance for Pivotal employees.
- Global Fitness Reimbursement program allowance - We encourage our Pivots to a healthy lifestyle
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional annual development allowance
- Access to our unique Headspace guided meditation - Free to Pivotal employees!
About our Tokyo Office:
Our Tokyo office is located in Roppongi Hills, where many startups & high-tech companiesreside. The design of our Pivotal Tokyo office is similar to our headquarters in San Francisco replicating a Silicon Valley style. Employees can enjoy Ping-Pong, meetups, food & drink & other activities.
Our team in Japan brings the product development excellence of Pivotal to thehome of some of the most iconic consumer brands in the world. Here we work with Japanesecompanies, from the most established enterprises to the most innovative startups, to help thembuild successful products & teams. The vibrant street scenes around our location complementthe energy & intense collaboration that we bring to every client project.
Pivotal Software combines platform, tools, & methodology to help the worlds largest companies transform the way they build software & run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by half of the Fortune 500 companies & developers to give software development & IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity & creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
- Do the Right Thing
- Do What Works
- Be Kind
These are the values that our Pivots live by & form the cornerstone of the way we work, collaborate & help our customers transform the way they build software.
Our way of working:
Agile, lean & domain driven design concepts are at the core of our process. We have a whole host of Pivotal Practices around reducing risk & getting value into the hands of users early. We are excited to teach these to you & innovate with you on their implementation.
So, do you want to join the Pivotal family? All interested candidates please apply now!
To our recruitment friends: we are in no need of assistance, thank you.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.