Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
What You Will Do Here
- Take an innovative approach to improving information security at HomeLight
- Ensure that our company & products employ best in class security practices
- Build the foundation of a world class security team
- Own the vulnerability assessment process & working closely with engineering leadership on mitigating & improving our security practices
- Review the security risks of new software architectures & product features
- Respond to security incidents, including investigation of, counter measures to, recovery from, & reporting of computer-based attacks, unauthorized access, & breaches
- Help us "Shift Left" on Security & make it part of our software development process
- Improve & guide company processes to ensure secure & compliant IT practices
- 4+ years of experience in Infrastructure & Web Application Security
- Breadth of technical experience working across multiple production environments
- Deep understanding of web application security threats, exploits, & prevention
- Experience in penetration testing methodologies
- Experience in one of our core software stacks (Ruby/Rails, Python/Django, Node.js, Golang)
Bonus points for:
- Expertise in Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Heroku
- Experience with the Amazon AWS ecosystem
- Experience working on a small team, ideally at a startup.