Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Manager to join our Medical Cost Management team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
Healthcare is expensive, & one of our primary goals is to make sure our members get the best value for every dollar spent on their care. While there is no silver bullet to controlling medical costs, there are also no shortages of opportunities to improve the effectiveness of healthcare. A succesful cost-management initiative considers local market dynamics & pulls all of the levers we have available, including network & plan design, utilization management, & member engagement.
You will join as one of the founding member of a small team of industry experts to partner with Regional P&L leadership to identify actionable insights & analyses to find the largest opportunities with tangible actions to maximize risk-adjusted profitability. Your work will have executive-level visibility; guiding regional market & provider-level strategies to identify & eliminate inefficient & ineffective healthcare. We are looking for an analytical mind, an orientation toward action & iteration, contemporary data visualization/presentation abilities, & leadership skills.
You will report to the Senior Director, Medical Cost Management.
- Identify implementation plans for Medical Cost Management programs & secure support from leadership & important partners while integrating into regional leadership teams quarterly, annual & multi-year business plans
- Develop a regional portfolio of programs with action plans to address identified opportunities, including researching industry standards, vendor solutions, build requirements for internal solutions, success measurements, & Return on investment/impact modeling
- Develop metrics & models to allow region-specific monitoring & analysis of network, condition management, site of care, & unit cost improvement programs to complement standardized reporting
- Partner with Data Science, Finance, Actuarial, & Clinical teams to implement outstanding methods to identify medical cost drivers & partner with our Regional/Market P&L to manage them
- Navigate a cross-functional operating model to accomplish Oscars member-centric, shared goals while building relationships within the organization including Regional VPs, Regional Medical Directors / Clinical Operations, Finance, Actuary, & Data
- Bachelors degree in business, finance, statistics, mathematics, analytics or related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in healthcare finance, healthcare consulting, network analytics or analysis on health care data
- Proficiency working with query, business intelligence, & statistical tools
- Commercial orientation, with a solid command of financial modeling & financial analysis needed to determine Return of different decisions
- Experience & insights in Northeast Region
- MBA or MS or equivalent advanced healthcare experience
- Experience with growth-stage enterprises
- Managed care experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.