Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences & informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide & Foursquare Swarm apps & websites to discover new places, explore the world & check-in. They have written more than 95 million tips & checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter & 125,000 other developers. Foursquares business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK & Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand & connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic & advertising success.
About This Position:
Foursquare is seeking a dynamic Human Resources Director to work out of our New York City office, based in Flatiron, a block from Madison Square Park. This role will be reporting to the SVP, Human Resources. At Foursquare, we believe that our people are at the center of everything we do. Were looking for a passionate people person to build strong relationships with employees at all levels of the organization & create processes that will help us scale for the future.
The ideal Human Resources Director candidate will possess excellent communication skills, business acumen, & the ability to function in a fast-paced & constantly evolving environment. You will be able to dive deep into the trenches, while simultaneously acting as a strategic partner & coach to employees & managers across the organization. Youll quickly diagnose challenges, strategize solutions & implement change. You will play a critical role in maintaining Foursquares unique & diverse culture, & will continuously assess & understand business priorities to determine how HR can approach best supporting the organization.
In partnership with the SVP, Human Resources, you will oversee Foursquare's people strategies, including: performance management, compensation & benefits, payroll, employee training, cultural initiatives & major HR annual processes, such as our promotion process, year-end performance reviews & compensation cycle.
- Develop deep relationships & build trust with key stakeholders to provide thought leadership on people-related strategies
- Promote a culture of feedback & open communication, reinforcing our mission & core values
- Guide & coach employees on how to appropriately manage & resolve complex people issues (e.g., performance management, rewards & recognition, conflict management, etc.)
- Autonomously lead the design, implementation, & iteration of new people programs, as well as assess & improve current programs
- Engage on issues of organizational design, process, & workflows in order to help teams operate more effectively & reach peak efficiency
- Utilize people metrics to drive key insights & decisions around engagement & retention
- Partner with our recruiting team to ensure a positive & memorable candidate experience
- 8+ years experience in a high-growth, fast-paced environment creating, scaling & implementing HR policies & programs
- A sense of humor & passion for Foursquare; we are really excited to work here, & you should be too
- Significant experience with performance management, compensation programming & benefits administration
- Proven experience in organizational development, management training & employee coaching
- Excellent project management skills, with an ability to design & implement people strategies that align & drive business results
- Understanding of local & national employment laws & regulations
- Comfort with high-volume work & not being afraid to jump into sticky situations
- A track record of influencing & advising executive leadership on talent & employment matters
- Prior experience managing direct reports, mentoring & developing HR talent
- Deep expertise utilizing people data analytics to influence organizational decisions
- Senior level HR experience in a tech start-up or high growth company
- Prior experience or exposure to M&A due diligence & integration procedures
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We deeply believe that in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.