From the morning essentials that get us started to the office space that inspires our productivity, the Office Manager for our corporate headquarters is there to make it happen. Your expertise lies in your positivity, approachability, & execution abilities in a rapidly changing startup environment ranging from top executives & real estate agents to engineers, new-hires, & interns. As an Office Manager, you will play a critical role in the daily operations of the office.
At Compass You Will:
- Manage a team inclusive of a Front Desk Executive. Report into the National Director of Workplace Operations.
- Act as primary POC for all key stakeholders to maintain effective communication across all departments.
- Prioritize daily operational issues & effectively delegate responsibilities as needed.
- Oversee budgeting, cost saving initiatives & vendor management with respect to all office operations functions including, but not limited to; office supplies, food & beverage programming, office equipment & furniture, & green initiatives. Approve & process invoices as required, partnering with Facilities manager on capital improvement & functional space needs.
- Solicit & negotiate vendor bids, contracts, & pricing.
- Oversee planning & logistics associated with events & meetings.
- Anticipates office needs & is proactive in addressing them.
- Assist employees & customers with various inquiries; act as a liaison between customers & other departments.
- Coordinate with Recruitment & managers on new hire seating assignments & department heads on seating assignment change requests. Hold Facilities Manager accountable to maintain up-to-date seating charts in IWMS.
- Work cross-functionally to balance competing priorities, think creatively to propose unique solutions, & communicate clearly & effectively to all stakeholders (Sr. Leaders, Team Leads, Finance, IT, etc.).
- Ensure the entire office, from the meeting rooms to the copy areas are properly maintained & representative of the Compass brand.
- Identify facilities issues & concerns & coordinate with Facilities Manager to address in a timely manner.
- Mindful of all health & safety practices, including emergency evacuation procedures & routes. Active member of Fire Health & Safety team.
- Manage internal communications including office updates & newsletters.
- Perform other related duties as requested or as responsibilities dictate.
What We Look For:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3-6+ years of service experience with an emphasis on facilities, hospitality, corporate services, property management, or equivalent office management experience
- Previous people management & multi-floor building management experience is a plus
- Event planning experience: corporate events, communications and/or PR
- Articulate & polished communication style
- Friendly, warm personality
- Experience in providing administrative support in a professional work environment
- Experience with Google Suite is a plus
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn & master new software applications
- Proactive & resourceful
- Experience at a startup or real estate brokerage preferred
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.