As a Principal Cloud Security Engineer, your mission is to ensure that our customers can trust our platform with their most sensitive business processes & data. You will play an important role in defining & implementing strategic, technical, & operational objectives of the cloud security program at Appian. You will help establish industry-leading security processes & practices at each phase of the software development lifecycle; design, implement, & review the security features of our platform; assist product management with the prioritization of critical security-related activities; organize educational initiatives & materials.
- Be part of a cross-organizational squad responsible for the development & maintenance of Appians cloud security program
- Assist Appian engineers in developing features
- Build & maintain security components throughout the cloud infrastructure
- Perform security testing as well as secure code review on cloud components
- Work with squads to perform Threat Modeling on proposed features
- Help lay out the security architecture & operational roadmap for the Appian platform & our Engineering organization
- Participate in strategic activities to evangelize security objectives & ensure their appropriate consideration in product & operational planning
- Mature Appians DevSecOps pipeline by modifying & improving the existing current tooling
- Research enterprise security & privacy standards & best-practices to ensure we apply them in our cloud security design & remediation processes, justifying departures & innovations to them where appropriate
- Participate in functional & technical initiation & design activities to incorporate effective threat modeling, security standards, & best practices into product design
- Educate team members & all engineers on cloud security standards & best practices, establishing regular educational activities, as well as recommending & attending appropriate training & conferences
- Report & escalate urgent threats/issues to Engineering leadership
- Develop processes & automation for security reviews & testing activities, & evaluate cloud security tools to improve our detection & prevention capabilities
- Ensure Appians cloud infrastructure meets all industry compliance requirements
- Contribute to Appian's long-term documentation through publishing relevant, high-quality content to Engineering's technical documentation site
Preferred Experience Level: B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related experience. 4+ years work experience in a security role working with engineering teams. Strong understanding of: Kubernetes, Terraform, EKS, Docker, Go, Java, React, Python.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.