Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
We are looking for a senior product manager with experience building mobile applications to join the Conversational Messaging team. Twilio Conversations is a new product, & you will help take it to the next level. You will help to define the mobile application experience. In addition, you will collaborate with other Twilio teams that leverage conversations: Flex, Messaging, & Voice. Youll be a big part of that, researching, specifying, & executing an entirely new direction.
- At least 5 years of experience in product management
- You have the confidence, initiative, & self-awareness to argue your positions across an organization, including in front of superiors & upper management.
- You have a track record of successful product releases & are acutely aware of what made them a success.
- You are an idea generator, you do your own research, & you thrive when given the freedom to run your product.
- You communicate your needs clearly to engineering, help reduce ambiguity, & take pride in your written specifications.
- You have some hard technical skills, perhaps from a past life. When engineers bring an idea or a problem to your attention, you wont struggle to understand the implications.
- You know how to work with Sales & Marketing, & how to make a successful launch.
- You have experience Product Managing a mobile app product (iOS or Android)
As a Product leader on the messaging team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Own the product vision for your areas of ownership. Represent your product roadmap & business metrics to Twilios executives, customers, & to product teams across the company
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Spend time with developers to deeply understand the problems they are trying to solve & help them to be successful. Discover market opportunities by deeply understanding customer needs & leverage market trends
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Prioritize your backlog to ensure you are always delivering the highest value features. Manage project plans for on-time development & release. Ensure that engineering is working on the right things at the right time.
- DRAW THE OWL: Work closely with engineers on product solutions by iterating on API mocks, UI wireframes, & whiteboarding technical implementations. Work with your teams to evolve existing API & services & define new ones. Craft the developer experience.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Demonstrate excellent verbal & written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, & vision can be communicated simply & effectively. Deliver product requirements documentation, developer facing documentation & marketing documentation.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, & video by virtualizing the worlds telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications.
With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications which has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications, compute & payments.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks & drinks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, monthly All Hands & more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, & can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.