Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. We are seeking a Senior Product Designer on our Growth team with strong visual design skills to help drive the direction of future releases. You will be challenged in an ambitious, ever-changing organization that values vision, execution, persistence, & flexibility. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
As a member of the Growth team focused on conversion, you will be responsible for creating personalized, dynamic getting started experiences from any of our starting points for any of our users. You will work with a tight-knit, cross-functional team to identify user segments & design tailored experiences that are actionable & easy-to-understand. You will build experiences around content & tools that scaffold users as they begin the process of creating an online presence & also ensures a smooth handoff into the CMS. You will work closely with engineering, content strategy, product marketing, & product management in an iterative process where goals & hypotheses inform feature-development.
- Own the user experience & detailed execution of a specific area of the product
- Collaborate independently with product & engineering teams from concept through delivery & beyond
- Think holistically about the user journey & product ecosystem regardless of scope
- Create simple, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Participate in user research & testing, ensuring usability & product consistency
- Collaborate with our Design Systems team to ensure your work integrates seamlessly into our ecosystem
- Be data driven & have a strong desire to constantly improve the experience
- 5+ years of experience
- Deep experience in user experience, visual design & prototyping
- Solid understanding of information architecture & service design
- Idealistic, yet pragmatic
- Analytical thinking with a systems approach to design
- Able to understand the business impact of design decisions & drive meaningful product value
- Highly developed presentation & storytelling skills with the ability to tailor your context to the audience