The Frontend team at Squarespace is responsible for building one of the most advanced interfaces on the web. With it, our customers are able to easily create beautiful interactive websites & stores. If you are a Frontend Engineer who strives to push the envelope with what is possible in a web browser, we want to hear from you! This role will report to the Product Engineering Team Lead in our New York City headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Design & build new features into the Squarespace interface
- Collaborate with other engineers & designers to deliver strong customer-focused experiences
- Keep our product up to date with the latest frontend technologies such as React & ES2015+
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, & writing beautiful, pragmatic code)
- Actively contribute to team & company standards
- Have solid knowledge of the DOM, HTML & CSS3
- Have experience with Single Page Application development
- Keep up to date with the newest technologies
- Develop features & create fulfilling user experiences
- A strong understanding of, & practical experience with, web application development
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable & reliable code
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years of industry experience
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.