Common is the nations leading residential brand offering convenience & community through coliving & traditional apartments. Our signature approach to end-to-end property management & technology offerings allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 27 buildings, 6 cities, & over 800 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free & all-inclusive living environment, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, & Washington, D.C. & receive over 3,000 new member applications per week.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves & has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the Role
Common is hiring a talented Construction Project Manager to manage the construction process of our new homes in close coordination with our developer partners. From upholding Commons interests in time & quality, to procuring & managing our directly sourced vendors, this role will be responsible for delivering on our quickly expanding pipeline. Commons development partners are responsible for the majority of the general construction of our homes. It will be your job to ensure our partners have a strong understanding of our Brand Standards, with a focus on technical & functional standards for MEP systems. Youll also manage Commons WiFi, Access Control & CCTV strategy across the portfolio.
In addition to project management skills, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a technical background such as engineering experience or work relating to MEP systems. As the Construction Project Manager, you will report directly to the Director of Construction & Procurement.
We are excited to hire Construction Project Managers at various levels of experience. If this type of work excites you, we will be able to determine your level of impact on the organization through our interview process.
- Track project schedules & progress milestones in conjunction with development partners
- Uphold Commons Technical Brand Standards & quality expectations through site inspections & best practice documentation
- Improve Commons inspection & testing procedures to drive better outcomes for homes handed to the operations team
- Manage communication & project tasks between the developer, Commons subcontractors & Common internal teams to ensure a successful home opening
- Create project specific scopes & schematic layouts for access control, WiFi & camera systems
- Contract management of Commons directly engaged subcontractors, including but not limited to WiFi, Camera, Access Control & Window Furnishings subcontractors
- Coordinate technical details & timing requirements between Commons subcontractors & the development partner or on site General Contractor
- Manage project budgets & assess progress claims for Commons subcontractors
- This role includes travel to new home locations around the country. Travel is typically 2-3 days at a time & occurs approximately every 5-6 weeks
- 4+ years Construction Project Management Experience either as a client or General Contractor
- Engineering or technical background working with MEP systems preferred
- Experience within the Residential, Hospitality or Retail sectors is preferred
- Experience with Construction Quality Control
- Experience with Project Scheduling
- Demonstrate experience managing trade works for the full life cycle of tendering, procurement & payment
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts, compiling contracts, & ensuring that vendor work remains within budget
- A keen love of organization & prioritization, working across several projects at a time
- Demonstrate an attention to detail on complex tasks
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation & sick time, medical, dental & vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD Insurance, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, generous paid parental leave (up to 16 weeks!) & a 401K. Additional benefits such as Company equity, paid holidays, weekly team lunches + weekly happy hours, a fully stocked kitchen, flexible working hours, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates & qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.