Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, & entertainment company & currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, & technologies transforming our lives & economy; & Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news & headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, & the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President & Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, & Denstu Ventures.
About This Role:
Cheddar is looking for a smart, detail-oriented, customer-service focused individual to help manage & support Cheddars branded partnerships operation. Based in New York, this roles goal is to ensure every aspect of a campaign is flawlessly executed. The right candidate must have experience managing branded partnerships on digital platforms.
This lower-level position is well suited to an individual looking to break into the world of internet/media startups with room for growth & advancement. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment, will bring energy & passion to everything he/she does, & will not be afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to tackle projects both big & small. This is a great opportunity to learn the operational ropes of a fast-growing company while making a direct impact on its success. Cheddars advertising is taking off & we need someone to help us run & scale as it grows.
- Support Brand Partnership team in maintaining & servicing existing clients from a reporting & content creation perspective.
- Support Brand Partnership team in campaign kick offs, client status calls, & recap calls.
- Work closely with Cheddar Producers to launch & track in-house custom ad products.
- Support Brand Partnership & Production team with editing & post-production of branded content both for platforms.
- Effectively work with functional groups such as Sales, Data & Analytics & Content team to optimize campaigns to meet performance objectives.
- Proactively monitor campaign performance & delivery goals, escalate delivery issues as necessary.
- Track, optimize, & compile campaign analysis & custom recap reports for clients
- Process & submit invoicing for branded partnerships
- BA/BS (or equivalent training & experience)
- MUST have 2-3 years experience in media industry managing client projects
- Familiarity with Cheddar content, distribution partners, business model.
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient with MS Excel
- Keynote experience a plus
- Proven analytical & creative problem-solving skills
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills & ability to prioritize demands & meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive & be highly effective in a fast-paced & fluid environment, as well as situations of ambiguity & uncertainty - (Were a startup, come up with an approach to solve the challenge rather than just state it.)
Our Benefits & Culture:
The Cheddar team moves at lightning speed & our employees have the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing fast & achieving milestones every day. Our team is direct, relentless, ethical, proactive, & different. All of our full time employees receive a competitive compensation & benefits package, which includes stock options, health, dental, & vision insurance, disability & life insurance, 401K, discounted gym membership, commuter benefits, generous paid leave, drinks & snacks, team events, happy hours, & more.
Cheddar is an equal opportunity employer, & we actively cultivate an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome all candidates & are committed to hiring people with a wide variety of experiences & backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.