Warby Parker is looking for a motivated Diversity & Inclusion Manager to join our People team & help us develop a holistic D&I strategy across the employee lifecycle. Our ideal candidate is passionate about building an inclusive team culture & knowledgeable about programs & efforts that are successful in doing just that. Strong project management skills are a must, as well as an innate ability to connect & collaborate with a wide variety of people & teams. Sound a lot like you? Read on!
What youll do:
- Lead our Employee Resource Group program to ensure each group has the resources & guidance to run effectively
- Manage a range of D&I programs pertaining to talent acquisition, talent management, learning & development, employee engagement, & more
- Help establish mechanisms to track, measure, & report on D&I initiatives
- Partner with our People Operations & Talent Acquisition teams to analyze diversity metrics throughout the employee lifecycle, beginning with the applicant pipeline
- Work with the Talent Acquisition team to develop comprehensive recruitment strategies to diversify talent pipelines
- Recommend ways to improve internal Talent processes, both current & new, with D&I in mind
- Partner with the Communications team to regularly message internal & external D&I initiatives, events, & progress company-wide
- Research industry trends & benchmarks across the changing D&I landscape & present recommendations to senior leaders on our Talent team
- Develop & implement innovative, strategic solutions to enhance company culture & make it more inclusive
Who you are:
- Backed by 5 years of relevant experience
- Equipped with exceptional project management skills
- An excellent communicator (in person & online!) with strong interpersonal skills
- A critical & analytical thinker
- Someone who works proactively & effectively with people of various skill sets
- Unflappably empathetic, objective, & fair
- Experience working with Retail teams
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels & designing our frames in house, were able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lensesa fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, weve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. & Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, & launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running,Fast Companyhas named us one of the worlds most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social & environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally & distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (Were big believers that businesses can scale & be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work & no play makes an extremely dull office, & no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure dont.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, & other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesnt hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits & perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, & dental insurance
- Flexible My Time vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends & family)
- And more (just ask!)