All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, & our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Were a late stage start-up that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who were are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
Boxed is seeking a Director of Retention & CRM to drive strategy & execution around engaging our customer base to drive repeat sales & loyalty. Youll know youre the right person for this gig if you have a passion for lifecycle marketing, geek out when it comes to consumer e-commerce behavior & stay up all night obsessing over how to build a best-in-class retention marketing program.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, this person will oversee all of our multi-channel retention marketing programs across email, push, SMS & direct mail with the goal of maximizing customer lifetime value & driving loyalty. The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of experience leading e-commerce customer retention & CRM initiatives. We're looking for a data-driven professional who has a strong passion for providing the best customer experience possible as well as a strongly developed right side brain (yes, we know we are looking for a unicorn). Perhaps as importantly, we want someone who is curious, proactive & will challenge the team at every turn, asking tough questions & ensuring that the quality & personalization of our message is never sacrificed. Finally, as with any start-up, we need a leader & a do-er; someone who can develop a strategy & delegate appropriately but also get in the weeds & manage/execute programs, no matter how tactical.
- Lead all CRM & retention marketing efforts & increasing engagement & loyalty with new & existing customers
- Drive the strategy around all of our customer engagement efforts, working throughout the organization & with relevant agencies/partners to execute initiatives
- Develop & execute email & push marketing strategies & communications in promotional; transactional; lifecycle; triggered; & rewards-focused campaigns to drive growth & winback
- Develop & implement a cohesive & integrated mobile push/sms strategy
- Partner with our Product team on site experience improvements for our active customers
- Work with our Product team on improvements to our Loyalty program Boxed Up
- Partner with the Merchandising team & suppliers to develop targeted strategies & campaigns to support various products/opportunities
- Work closely with finance operations & internal leadership to analyze & assess efficacy of initiatives & how they are supporting larger organizational goals
- Lead key internal initiatives aimed at driving growth through customer re-engagement
- Work with creative team to develop a deep understanding of what resonates with our customers & optimize content/messaging accordingly
- Constantly stay informed with best in class retention practices, including 1:1 personalization, triggers, email deliverability, to send frequency, to subject line best practices & best-in-class creative approaches
- Manage & grow our Retention & CRM team
- A Bachelor's Degree & 8-10 years experience in e-commerce
- Experience managing teams & working within various ESP/CRM platform(s) (Iterable is strongly preferred)
- A proven leader, communicator & strategist
- Strong understanding of the financial aspect of retention marketing within an ecommerce company
- Love executing a project from start to finish - not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Proficient in HTML
- Be cool. Culture is very important to us
- Comfortable with failing; learning; trying again
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!