BARK is looking for a versatile, fun-loving, empathetic, & creative copywriter to join the fast-moving team on our Super Chewer brand.
About the team:
The team is responsible for all of Super Chewers brand creative including paid & organic social, email, marketing collateral, activations, & more. Its a highly collaborative & interdisciplinary group working with many partners internally & externally.
About the job:
You will play a pivotal role in the creation of all marketing-related assets for Super Chewer. Your words will shape & help define the voice of the Super Chewer brand.
You'll be working with toy designers, marketers, merchandisers, illustrators & designers, & our social media team. You'll be an important contributor in cross-functional brainstorms about strange questions like "can dogs go skiing?" (For real, we just had this meeting.) You'll be the only copywriter on the team, but you won't be on an island.
You will pet at least one dog a day.
You know how to write words that work. Words that make busy/distracted people want to stop & pay attention. Words that sell but dont sound salesy. You've done it before, you're proud of your work, & have conviction behind it. And also, you can do it fast and meet deadlines. (That last part is very important.)
You take dogs & writing seriously, but you always look for the humor in things & have a knack for making people smile with words.
Were open minded about your previous career. But here are some things a well-qualified candidate might have:
- A portfolio of successful commercial writing
- Experience writing words that make people click/tap/swipe to buy things.
- Ability to write jokes on-demand. Because there will definitely be demands.
- An honest appreciation for open feedback, even negative feedback.
- Strong sense of brand voice, how to create & maintain it.
- Tendency to make the people in your life laugh. A lot.
- True love of both dogs & the internet.