Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions & governments in more than 200 countries & territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates & fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later withcredit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds & access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier & helps grow economies. Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions & products that deliver the convenience & security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
We are looking for an experienced .NET/C# engineer to join the team working on building our next generation Payments Platform. The successful engineer will report to the Sr. Director of Platform Development for Issuer Processing. This role will focus on building high performance APIs that will enable integration with & across the new platform. This role will interface directly with staff members of Product & Project Management, Quality Assurance, in addition to other members of the Engineering team & offers a significant potential to positively impact Issuer Processing's future.
As a key member of the development team, the candidate should be comfortable building APIs with Microsoft technology. Additionally, the ability to drive technical ideas & communicate clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences is essential to this role.
- Design & develop API based applications using C#, .NET Core/.NET 4.5+ utilizing Microsoft tools such as Visual Studio.
- Design, develop, document & implement new functionality, as well as build enhancements, modifications, & corrections to existing software.
- Develop unit-tests & oversee execution.
- Create documentation & procedures for installation & maintenance.
- Build & maintain relationships with global & virtual teams on software development or support issues.
- Engage with Quality Assurance team members on defect triage & resolution.
- Lead development & oversee programming testing functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered while fulfilling expectations.
- Work as part of a development team & establish close working relationships with stake holders, quality assurance, architects, management & peers in engineering.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements & refinements to standards & processes.
- Prepare design documents; evaluate & recommend solutions to meet user requirements; define & implement solutions.
- Participate in the Agile process including stand-up meetings, sprint planning, reviews & retrospectives.
- Lead by example; demonstrating accountability, mentoring junior team members, & by contributing to departmental procedures, best practices, & standards.
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
Experience in developing & supporting web applications.
Experience in best practices for web application development & design patterns.
Knowledge of SQL Server, NOSQL, stored procedures, database design preferred.
Experience using C#, ASP.NET 4.0 & the .Net framework (versions 4.5+) preferred.
Experience with AJAX, WPF, WF, & the MVC/MVVM design pattern preferred.
Experience with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) & responsive web UI preferred.
Experience in defining remote communication methodologies such as web services, WCF, MQ, & Rest preferred.
Experience with WebAPI & REST services preferred.
- Design, develop, document & implement
new functionality, as well as enhancements, modifications, & corrections to
- Experience in creating performing tests
and produce results to ensure accurate compliance with project design
requirements for compliance, load & performance testing
- Create documentation & procedures for
installation & maintenance
- Experience in all phases of software
development life cycle including project management, functional requirements
definition, technical design, development, testing, quality assurance, system
certification, systems implementation & system validation.
- Experience in creating database related
technical designs, effort estimation, design & analytical aptitude
- Consistently able to assess & evaluate
problems in a production environment & manage risk to the service when
- Experience with Agile software
This position requires the incumbent to travel less than 5% of the time.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.