Peloton is looking for a VP of Data Engineering to strategize, build, & lead all our Data Warehouse & Data Pipeline efforts. You will be heading multiple teams of passionate & skilled database engineers, data engineers, architects, & analysts responsible for building & owning batch & streaming data pipelines that process terabytes of data daily & support all of the analytics, business intelligence, data science & reporting data needs across the organization.
Peloton is a cloud first engineering organization with all of our data infrastructure in AWS leveraging EMR, AWS Glue, S3, Spark. You will be interacting with many business teams including marketing, sales, supply chain, logistics, finance & partner to scale Pelotons data infrastructure for future strategic needs.
- Build out & oversee all Data infrastructure & processes, including data governance & data integrity approaches.
- Understand & manage the data needs of different stakeholders across multiple business verticals including Finance, Marketing, Logistics, Product, etc. Develop the vision & strategy to provide short term & long term data solutions to business challenges.
- Facilitate the establishment & execution of the data roadmap & strategic vision for information delivery & management; including the enterprise data warehouse, big data, BI & analytics, & data management.
- Lead & help build a team of high performing data engineers, architects, & analysts.
- Provide leadership in developing standards, architectural design patterns & best practices.
- Understand end to end data management interactions & dependencies across complex data pipelines & data transformation & how they impact business decisions.
- Design best practices for big data processing, data modeling & warehouse development throughout the company. Design best practices for big data processing throughout the company.
- Translate from technical to business, & vice versa. You need to be able to speak with the least technically-minded client (internal or external) & make technology make sense to them. Then turn around & do it the other way.
- 5+ years in a leadership/management capacity around data engineering, building a data warehouse, data marts, & data pipelines.
- Experience partnering with business teams to architect & strategize technology & data roadmap.
- Experience with big data architectures & data modeling to efficiently process large volumes of data.
- Background in ETL & data processing, know how to transform data to meet business goals.
- Experience developing large data processing pipelines on Apache Spark.
- Experience with Python or Java programming languages.
- Strong understanding of SQL & working knowledge of using SQL for various reporting & transformation needs.
- Excellent communication, adaptability & collaboration skills.
- Experience running Agile methodology & applying Agile to data engineering.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.